Need input/feedback on entry forms...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have been working on entry forms and have one completed. If you have a minute, please look it over and even fill it out and submit it. It is currently going to my e-mail address for testing purposes and I will be able to delete any test entries before it goes live. If you have suggestions for changes or additions, please let me know. Once this one is done, I will be able to clone it and make minor changes/additions for the other contests and they will go much faster.

You can find the form here: The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest

You can also visit the main page of the entry form site where there will be a menu of all entry forms. You can find it here: Home

I need your feedback please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Nice job Curtis!! The form looks great!!

I really like the home page too... easy for someone to find all of the entry forms in once central location.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yep, got entries from Broberg and Maxwell. The cool thing is the e-mail with entry data has the photo attached as an attachment which will make it much easier for the contest chairs to collect the photos and use them. Last year, I had to pull the photos from the directory structure on the server and then try to get them to the chairs via links.

And thanks for the comments on the timer, Ed! I spent 4 hours trying to get that darn thing to work! I know it was not necessary but thought it might add some urgency to some folks! Each contest entry form will have their own timer based on their end date. I still need to do some coding changes so that it is based off the server clock. Right now, it is based off of your local computer clock and many folks do not keep those up to date so the time could be off.

On the contests that have multiple categories, there will be a drop down list to choose the category for the photo uploads. That way the entrant will only have to fill out the form once to upload pictures for each category. I should also be able to have an entry form on the same page as the crossword puzzle instead of having to go to the puzzle and then to a different page for the entry form.

Buzzzz4

Very cool! I like it a lot. only took me three tries to get the security words right and a fourth to resize my photo. Worked great.

Top Bottom