Cross-cut spalted Hawaiian Lama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CjG78

CjG78

This lovely stabilised blank came from a dear friend and he said that is was the punkiest piece of timber he has ever stabilised. It was like chalk. Basically turned to dust when I was turning it. Slowly but surely down to size. Fully lined with ebonite, ca matte finish. The grip section is also ebonite, and I added a few acrylic bands for that small point of difference. Jowo #6 nib.
M14 triple start threads
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_6307.jpeg
    IMG_6307.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_6309.jpeg
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_6308.jpeg
    IMG_6308.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_6282.jpeg
    IMG_6282.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

What's all the excitement about kitless pens someone recently asked? Looking at Casey's pen, as well as many others, answers that question! Another awesome pen Casey. Love the wood and the pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

CjG78

Terrific looking pen.
The white bands…did you just cut/insert/glue and turn? Those look great right in the edge of the threads.
Thanks, so I drill a 10 mm hole in my spacer material and glue it onto the rear of the grip section tenon. The body of the pen, it's glued to the end, adds a little protection to the edge but mainly aesthetic, I like the look of it closed with a thin band, gives a little interest

Pebbles

This lovely stabilised blank came from a dear friend and he said that is was the punkiest piece of timber he has ever stabilised. It was like chalk. Basically turned to dust when I was turning it. Slowly but surely down to size. Fully lined with ebonite, ca matte finish. The grip section is also ebonite, and I added a few acrylic bands for that small point of difference. Jowo #6 nib.
M14 triple start threads
Thanks for looking!
Absolutely beautiful pen!!

derekdd

Fantastic job! Love the wood.

Never heard of a matte finish with CA. Can you point to a resource as to how to accomplish such a finish?

Thanks for exposing me to that.

CjG78

Fantastic job! Love the wood.

Never heard of a matte finish with CA. Can you point to a resource as to how to accomplish such a finish?

Thanks for exposing me to that.
Thanks!! So after you apply your desired amount of coats, gently sand back with 500 grit paper dry. Once all of the uneven spots are level, make sure the whole finish is dull. Sand horizontally also with lathe off to ensure all radial lines are removed. That's all! It retains the natural wood feel but has the benefits of ca

jeporter02

Wow! Spectacular pen. That wood is gorgeous. I've never thought to do a matte ca finish. This looks great! It has a clean and modern feel to it.

John473p

M14 triple start threads
Thanks for looking!
Wow, fantastic piece of work, well done.

Hippie3180

I can't wait to learn kitless, I'm an Instagram groupie, and you've inspired me to learn to make kitless.

Top Bottom