CORIAN FOR (almost) FREE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

Received some corian from a friend who does kitchen remodeling. I've taken out as much (too much probably) as I think I will need over the next several YEARS. After viewing what is left I realize that I could never, ever use the rest of the material. So feel free to reply with your choice of whatever you would like (large pieces, blank size, white/dark, etc.) from the attached photo that will fit into a small USPS flat rate box. Looks like there is enough for four or five boxes. The almost free part - postage in the US is $8.45. With the exception of the bull nose pieces that are 1" thick and factory glued, thickness of remainder is 1/2". Half-inch thick pieces are great for 7mm kits (pen/pencil set I made is shown) or - for the adventure seeking turners - segmentation. Please take this corian off my hands!
ADDED: If you are a new pen turner like me (about a year) you might want to try this stuff. It turns like alumilite or other acrylics - use sharp carbide tools. Finishing is the same as alumilite - nothing special.

Attachments

• IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

henry1164

How much for all?
I would like to give the chance to others to turn this stuff - it's quite fun - especially new pen turners like me with a year or less under our belts. I will gladly send you a box. Let me know what you would like (block, blank style, white/dark).

CVATurner

I would be thrilled to take some off of your hands. Whatever you want to send will be very much appreciated.

henry1164

Eight boxes sent to date. I believe all were to either new turners and/or turners who have never tackled (not a hard task) corian. I have seven boxes remaining but unfortunately it's only white. Will take any comers through next week - offer stated in original post. Anything left after next week will go to "hcpens" for the price of postage if he still wants it.

So for you new turners don't miss this opportunity. The price is right!

hmidgley

If you have any boxes left I will take one. I have never tried Corian and would like to. Thank you for making this available. LEt me know hao to pay you. Thanks

Jmaxcy

I do have some. Mostly white but I think I can find a dark blank. PM sent. Thanks.
Received some corian from a friend who does kitchen remodeling. I've taken out as much (too much probably) as I think I will need over the next several YEARS. After viewing what is left I realize that I could never, ever use the rest of the material. So feel free to reply with your choice of whatever you would like (large pieces, blank size, white/dark, etc.) from the attached photo that will fit into a small USPS flat rate box. Looks like there is enough for four or five boxes. The almost free part - postage in the US is $8.45. With the exception of the bull nose pieces that are 1" thick and factory glued, thickness of remainder is 1/2". Half-inch thick pieces are great for 7mm kits (pen/pencil set I made is shown) or - for the adventure seeking turners - segmentation. Please take this corian off my hands!
ADDED: If you are a new pen turner like me (about a year) you might want to try this stuff. It turns like alumilite or other acrylics - use sharp carbide tools. Finishing is the same as alumilite - nothing special.
Any left? Never turned corian before but why not give it a try....

Top Bottom