Copper Rose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

It has taken me quite a long time to find a tube that would look good with the Two-Toned Copper Sierra:eek: Any feedback greatly appreciated, may look good to me but not to you, would love to hear it. Was not easy to photograph either, white background no good and various other ones I tried, settled for this blue sky looking background.

Thank you!!

5370858503_b2d68bdefd_z.jpg

bricketts528

Ooh - very nice! I love the copper look! It is too flowery for my personal taste, but a beautiful pen to have on the table for sale!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Toni - just about everything you make looks good, including this one. What would worry me is some of the bad press on copper plating. Don't think it is as robust as some of the others and in cases where the blanks are more valuable than the components, it would not be my first choice only based on this. Like I said - it looks marvelous.

Glad you remembered the ghost:)

TomS

Beautiful pen, Toni. I have a copper Elegant Beauty with one of your purple rose tubes, and they look good together.
Tom

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Beautiful as always Toni. Although it matches the kit well, I have to agree with Bruce in that your work deserves to be on much better kits.

Nellieteach

Toni,
Another beautiful creation that looks great with the two tone copper components. I have a hard time finding colors that I feel look good with copper - your creation's colors work well with the copper IMHO.

Thank you for sharing your work.
Nadine Nelson

kludge77

That blank is absolutely stunning!! For me the copper is overpowering. It's like staring at the sun. It's pretty, but bad for you! :)

I'd probably go with a chrome kit like the elegant sierra.

jttheclockman

Toni

I think the copper kit is abit of an understated kit and I agree it just does not look right on that kit. I associate copper with browns or greens and copper itself. I think a red looks good on something with gold trimmings. Your work will make any kit shine though so thanks for showing.

wiset1

Just can't go wrong with these blanks Toni, they ALL look amazing...can't wait to finish mine up.

Toni

Beautiful as always Toni. Although it matches the kit well, I have to agree with Bruce in that your work deserves to be on much better kits.
Thanks for the feedback.

That blank is absolutely stunning!! For me the copper is overpowering. It's like staring at the sun. It's pretty, but bad for you! :)

I'd probably go with a chrome kit like the elegant sierra.
I did try and match it up with other Sierra kits just did not look as good as the copper might take it apart and put it on another kit and photograph it and see what everyone thinks.

Toni

I think the copper kit is abit of an understated kit and I agree it just does not look right on that kit. I associate copper with browns or greens and copper itself. I think a red looks good on something with gold trimmings. Your work will make any kit shine though so thanks for showing.
Will give it a try

Thank you everyone for looking and the feedback as always is much appreciated as you know I have only IAP to show my work to:frown:

CaptG

WOW, Darth Toni strikes again. Just beautiful, even if I do need sunglasses to look at it for any length of time, and it is easy to look at. Very nice job. Again.

CHEF

:worship:Beautiful pen as we all expect from you Toni , just keep looking for more.
---------------------------Brian-----------------------------------

Penl8the

Hi Toni,

Very nice as usual. I like it.

My question on the photography is: how do you make your pen "stay put" resting on the clip? My guess it has something to do with a small lump of poly clay underneath.

Am I correct?

Dai Sensei

Beautiful as usual Toni :cool: Love the combinations of colours, shapes and kit, I'm sure the girls at my work would love it.

Your work has inspired my to give the PC stuff a try and am pretty happy with the results, but, I'm still having trouble with distortion of the shapes. I must be over rolling to get the final dia, see here, any hints on final rolling to avoid distortion?

Cheers

Toni

Hi Toni,

Very nice as usual. I like it.

My question on the photography is: how do you make your pen "stay put" resting on the clip? My guess it has something to do with a small lump of poly clay underneath.

Am I correct?

Yes you are correct I have a dot of pc under the clip

76winger

Excellent color combination, and I like the background choice as well.

Since I'm fine tuning my own pen photography currently I'll also add the even lighting and focus are phenomenal.

LeeR

Very nice. I'd be interested to know how well the copper finish holds up. I just bought a copper pen kit on a whim about a week ago. I like the looks, only just a bit concerned that it will hold up, and hope its no worse than the budget gold finishes.

Sawdust46

Toni, I've got to tell you what my grandson said when he was looking over my shoulder and saw your pen, "I can't beleive a girl can make a pen."

He didn't get that attitude from me!
And I love all of your pens I've seen.

Top Bottom