Columbus Woodworking show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Guys, I'd still like to meet up w/any of you that plan to be there. All we have to do is meet up at the CSUSA booth as Keith suggested (Saturday between 1130 and 1200, I think it was). Y'all still up for it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

Oh, forgot about that. What date is that? Next weekend?

I have to go ask permission and figure out how to hide some $$$ by next Saturday.[:D]

Figures I would ask... Does CSUSA bring their stuff with them for sale? Was going to order a few things this weekend, but I would most likely not get them until next Friday anyway. Chance of just picking up on Saturday would be better, plus I'd rather spend the extra $ on taxes for my state instead of shipping.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm toying with the idea of going. I'm concerned about my ability to resist making large purchases. I need to leave all plastic and large bills at home.

krose38

I'll be there Sat. 11:30 - 12:00, Good Lord willing. Yes CSUSA has a very good supply with them. Bring lot's of that green stuff. Bring your favorite PEN.

Mikey

Glad to read they have a large supply of items with them. I will hold off on my order and pray that they don't sell everything I want on Friday.

ccarse

Hi guys, first time poster but I've been lurking for a while. I will be at the show this Saturday. I'll try to head to the CS Booth at 11:30. I shouldn't be hard to find. I will probably be the youngest person there. (I'm 20 y/o.) Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. BTW, are any of you members of the Central Ohio Woodturners? I just joined and last month was the first meeting I attended. If any of you were there you might remember me, I was with my dad. Well anyways hope to see some of you Saturday and possible even tonight at the COW meeting.

Mikey

Sorry I didn't see any of you there. The place was crammed and you could barely even walk in there. In fact, I consider going a complete waste of my time and money. The isles were like 8 or 10 feet wide, and if someone stopped, you couldn't even walk through. There really weren't even any show special either since I am able to get almost everything I saw cheaper through my regular suppliers or over the net. I will never go to another unless they make the venue a bit larger and offer more for my money.

TheHeretic

Sadly I went later in the day. I'm sorry but I wont be going to the woodworking show again. It seemed to be less and less of a show every year. I realize that there is a great need to teach and show things. and there seemed to be more and more of that this year. I was also somewhat dissappointed in the number of vendors. It seemed like less than last year. And some of it is the also the space. Yea there was a decent number of people there but I had no problems getting around.

I am really wondering, IF Columbus is the 15th largest city in the nation why they dont get larger shows or a better show to begin with. But, I guess this is partly due the socitely ills that much of America seems to give to a lot of working with hands. It kinda makes folks wonder, why should you do this when there are machines to do it or just buy if from the chineese (or other worker). But I guess a lot of folks see and dont see that in what they do. Anyhow...... didnt mean to get off on a goofy subject though.

Dean
Columbus OH

arjudy

Billy (alamocdc) and Keith (krose38) and I met and had a nice conversation. I thought the show seemed smaller this year than in previous years. At least two vendors that made a large presence in previous years were not there at all this year (TWC and Rockler). I think TWC must be out of business. I decided that after wading through the crowd today that I will continue to got to the show but on Friday (less people). I don't think that the deals were as good as in the past either. Was anyone able to catch a seminar by Steven Russell? If so what did you think?

krose38

Glad to have been able to meet Alan and Billy at the show today, we had a great conversation, was able to pick up on a couple good pointers. Thanks Alan and Billy

clewless

If your show is anything like the one last weekend in Baltimore, stay home, save your money and turn some pens. It was small, there were few worthwhile demos, a bunch of stands were hawking Chinese junk- all of which you can get as cheeply at HF (as a matter of fact the 6" digital caliper @ HF for 16.99 was a "show special" for 39.99 at one stand).

The was one gal in tight pants selling something with lots of guys watching (her not the sharpening system).[:X]

CSUSA had a limited bunch of kits and blanks @ 10% off.

I couldn't find a reason to stay for more than 2 hours, spent zero, came home and ordered stuff from Ryan, Ernie and CSUSA...

It ain't worth the time, gas and $$ to get in...my 2 cents worth[:p][;)]

Joe

arjudy

The was one gal in tight pants selling something with lots of guys watching (her not the sharpening system).-posted by clewless above

The same gal was at this show and you know what the same thing was happening!

alamocdc

Had a great conversation with Alan and Keith and I hope we get to hook up again!

I too saw Anie at the show (tight pants). She had signed pics of Norm Abram and David Marks hanging on her demo station. I think more guys were interested in watching her bend over and demo the tool than seeing what the tool did. I've been attending conferences for over 10 years now so I'm used to booth babes and she didn't really distract me too much.

I did spend too much though. While I was a bit disappointed that no one but Delta had any lathes on special, I did buy a Kreg miter gaige and new Forrest thin kerf blade (3/32"). Awesome blade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom