Collet Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jodoidg

I’m looking to purchase a collet chuck. CSUSA has the Beall and Axminster Jr. So, who has what [?] and what are your recommendations [?]
Thanks in advance
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob A

This would be my choice. http://www.woodchipshome.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WC&Product_Code=BEALLCCKIT&Category_Code=CHU
Great price and great service.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I bought the Beall collet chuck and love it. The only thing I would do different, is only order the holder from them and then buy the actuall chucks on EBAY. The ER32 size fits this holder. I bought a set of 9 for $55.00 on EBAY which had duplicates of some sizes from Beall and they usually are there all the time from one supplier. The set that comes with the Beall has some gaps in diameters because they only cover a range of 0.040" and the sizes in the set about 1/8" apart.

Fangar

Martin's is the best deal around (The above link: Woodchips) I bought mine from him. Great service and a great price. If you can swing it, all of the ER collets in the package deal is the way to go. I use all of them.

Fangar

kenwc

Originally posted by BRobbins629
<br />I bought the Beall collet chuck and love it. The only thing I would do different, is only order the holder from them and then buy the actuall chucks on EBAY. The ER32 size fits this holder. I bought a set of 9 for $55.00 on EBAY which had duplicates of some sizes from Beall and they usually are there all the time from one supplier. The set that comes with the Beall has some gaps in diameters because they only cover a range of 0.040" and the sizes in the set about 1/8" apart.

Was it the "US SHOP TOOLS" Ebay vendor you bought these from?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
No - it was 800Watt. There are 3 sets of 11 from 1/8" to 3/4" with no bids - asking $49.00 - its a very good deal and they do fit the Beall holder. Search ER32 spring collets
Originally posted by kenwc
<br />
Originally posted by BRobbins629
<br />I bought the Beall collet chuck and love it. The only thing I would do different, is only order the holder from them and then buy the actuall chucks on EBAY. The ER32 size fits this holder. I bought a set of 9 for $55.00 on EBAY which had duplicates of some sizes from Beall and they usually are there all the time from one supplier. The set that comes with the Beall has some gaps in diameters because they only cover a range of 0.040" and the sizes in the set about 1/8" apart.

Was it the "US SHOP TOOLS" Ebay vendor you bought these from?

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
I took a close look at the Axminster Don won and lost and found last year. I was not impressed. It's nice and compact, and thus gives better access for turning close to the nose. It uses ER25 collets which are similar to (but smaller) than the ER32 collets the Beall uses. Strictly for holding a mandrel the capacity won't matter. But I have definitely used the larger (&gt; the 1/2" capacity of the ER25) collets at times. The biggest problem I saw with the Axminster is that they missed a trick with the design of the nut. Spring collets are self-extracting. That is, as the nut is tightened, the collet is pushed into the taper and compresses. When the nut is loosened, and internal feature in the nut pulls the collet back out. Axminster left out that detail. The collet is only compressed, but not opened by the nut. Unless within the last year they made a change. I have never used it, but I assume you will need a knock-out bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom