Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

I am wanting to make about 40 to 50 pens for a reunion. This is what I looking for. A clicker, single barrel. It also must use the Schmidt click mechanism. The refills, easy to find and reasonable.

What is the cheapest kit that fits the above criteria? Simple easy to assemble?

Any suggestions for a better quality of
pen that is REASONABLY PRICED?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Not sure what your time frame is
But a clicker will take longer to assemble

I would recommend a single barrel
Such as the Vertex

Gregf

Not sure of what your definition of reasonably priced is but, the Athena 88 from Turner's Warehouse is a single barrel, Schmidt click. Unfortunately out of stock at the moment.

Well.... I'm not the cheapest... but... If you want US made solid stainless kits for your project we can probably work out a bulk discount. They're out of stock on the website, but we've got 1k kits in the shop right now going through the finishing process. No plating to fail, machined from solid stainless bar stock in GA then sent here to NC for finishing.

Attachments

• IMG_20221204_154618.jpg
    IMG_20221204_154618.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 91

jttheclockman

Well.... I'm not the cheapest... but... If you want US made solid stainless kits for your project we can probably work out a bulk discount. They're out of stock on the website, but we've got 1k kits in the shop right now going through the finishing process. No plating to fail, machined from solid stainless bar stock in GA then sent here to NC for finishing.
Tim please do not take this comment as a knock of what you are doing and you have another thread asking for suggestions on what to do next. But the photo you just put here is an exact example of what I am going to say and why I posted here. This pen and others you are bringing back and making, to me look more machined or robotic than most pens on the market. In that what I am saying too much metal showing and you do not let the blank do the talking. That nib is too obtrusive and screams uncomfortable. They remind me of many rollerballs that have that front end that is all metal and such a small barrel for the blank. This type pen does not need that. Just look at the German pen above and you will see what I like to call a comfort pen. Just an opinion and as everyone here has them so I voiced mine. Maybe something in the future to redesign some of pens you are bringing back.

Tim please do not take this comment as a knock of what you are doing and you have another thread asking for suggestions on what to do next. But the photo you just put here is an exact example of what I am going to say and why I posted here. This pen and others you are bringing back and making, to me look more machined or robotic than most pens on the market. In that what I am saying too much metal showing and you do not let the blank do the talking. That nib is too obtrusive and screams uncomfortable. They remind me of many rollerballs that have that front end that is all metal and such a small barrel for the blank. This type pen does not need that. Just look at the German pen above and you will see what I like to call a comfort pen. Just an opinion and as everyone here has them so I voiced mine. Maybe something in the future to redesign some of pens you are bringing back.
You have an opinion?! I never noticed! šŸ¤£ I would say that "robotic" is a bit far. It's pretty classic pen profile all around. I distilled your comment down to: You don't like metal sections. That's fair. We are working on a minimalist setup with just a nose cone and a back end to hold a clip down and thread in the click mechanism. It'll require you to be able to thread the blank but will absolutely be the most blank you can use with this particular click mechanism. (I refuse to add spacers inside the pen) I will say that this pen is one of the most comfortable I own. I carried one for several weeks prior to making them available to ensure it wouldn't have any failure points I didn't take into account in the design phase.

jttheclockman

You have an opinion?! I never noticed! šŸ¤£ I would say that "robotic" is a bit far. It's pretty classic pen profile all around. I distilled your comment down to: You don't like metal sections. That's fair. We are working on a minimalist setup with just a nose cone and a back end to hold a clip down and thread in the click mechanism. It'll require you to be able to thread the blank but will absolutely be the most blank you can use with this particular click mechanism. (I refuse to add spacers inside the pen) I will say that this pen is one of the most comfortable I own. I carried one for several weeks prior to making them available to ensure it wouldn't have any failure points I didn't take into account in the design phase.
Fair points and it is your business but I ask you to look at all the pens in this field of genre and see what most look like. Short metal nibs.

dogcatcher

Some interesting pens. I like the German pen kit, a nice clean design. But over the allowed budget. The Vertex is a nice pen, but my thoughts are the round and flat sides don't fit together.

May have to lower my standards, and go with a cheaper mechanism.

jttheclockman

OK to sum this up because I too am interested in a great quality clicker that does not use the plastic extension that can get lost and is a pain to use when changing refills. Would like the Schmidt clicker which seems to be a great choice for mechanism. Want to make as simple for customer as possible. I won't muddy this request up by mentioning names of kits. I will let you post names and hopefully a link as to where to be able to purchase. Thanks.

bzahn

Very interesting video of the German pen:
I like his (Liebensteiner's) offerings, but in looking at his website, it doesn't appear that he ships (Versand) to the US, but just to continental Europe. Even if he did, I'm sure the shipping would be quite high.

wimkluck

I like his (Liebensteiner's) offerings, but in looking at his website, it doesn't appear that he ships (Versand) to the US, but just to continental Europe. Even if he did, I'm sure the shipping would be quite high.
The shippingcosts from The Netherlands to the USA are 20 euro's (shippingcosts pen exchange).
From Liebensteiner to the Netherlands 15 euro's.
I don't know if he send to the USA. I don't know customs fees.

dogcatcher

I have 2 cohorts in crime in on the project. After all of the choices provided the vote was no click pen. We will do like we did the last time and make 7.62 cartridge pens. CHEAP simple, slimlines. I already have my soldering jig and plenty of the brass cases.

Thanks for the replies.

Anybody make a cartridge click pen? LOL

jttheclockman

I have 2 cohorts in crime in on the project. After all of the choices provided the vote was no click pen. We will do like we did the last time and make 7.62 cartridge pens. CHEAP simple, slimlines. I already have my soldering jig and plenty of the brass cases.

Thanks for the replies.

Anybody make a cartridge click pen? LOL
They do have them.

Top Bottom