JR Marshall Pen Kit instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodman007

Hello,
I was given a JR. Marshall pen kit but I need the instructions and I cannot seem to find much info on the kit. Possible it is no longer produced or it has been renamed.

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks Doug

Attachments

• Jr Marshall Pen Kit.JPG
    Jr Marshall Pen Kit.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 87
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

The IAP Bushings &Tube app has instructions for this Jr series pen and I think the bushings are the same for most of them too. Measure the actual diameters of the parts to confirm.

greenacres2

Try Junior Marshal (only one L in Dayacom's catalog). As @Curly noted, it's part of the Junior series--so the Jr Gent, Jr Retro, etc. should be at least similar. Compare the components for those with your Jr Marshal, and then compare the dimensions with the Bushings & Tubes app (thanks @Edgar and others!!) and you'll be in business.
Good luck,
earl

Woodman007

Try Junior Marshal (only one L in Dayacom's catalog). As @Curly noted, it's part of the Junior series--so the Jr Gent, Jr Retro, etc. should be at least similar. Compare the components for those with your Jr Marshal, and then compare the dimensions with the Bushings & Tubes app (thanks @Edgar and others!!) and you'll be in business.
Good luck,
earl
thanks I will check it out

magpens

@Woodman007

I did a Google search for "Jr Marshal pen kit" . Notice the spelling change in the name as @greenacres2 pointed out.

Dayacom does show a listing :

But instructions do not seem readily available at the Dayacom website.

As Pete (@Curly) and earl (@greenacres2) said above, that kit is very similar to other kits in the Junior series of pen kits.
You can probably find instructions for a similar kit (such as Jr Gent) and modify those instructions to suit the JR Marshal.
The likely significant differences are probably only in the brass tube sizes.
The lengths of the tubes could be different for your kit, and, less likely, the diameters could also differ.
You can adjust the instructions accordingly by making some measurements on the parts that you have.

Good luck,
earl

The IAP Bushings &Tube app has instructions for this Jr series pen and I think the bushings are the same for most of them too. Measure the actual diameters of the parts to confirm.

I realize that I am replying to an old thread of yours (@Woodman007 - Oct 12, 2022) so perhaps you have already succeeded in making the pen. If so, you may have discovered that the process may have been more straightforward than you originally thought it would be.

Please let us know.

A good instruction video for a Junior-Series pen kit is this one :
This features the Jr. Harold pen kit, but all the Junior-Series are very much the same.

This video starts after you have already fitted the blanks over the brass tubes and put the required finish on the blanks.
So you won't even see/hear the tube sizes mentioned in that video.

Regarding the tube length, the key is to make your blanks the exact same length as the tubes in the kit.
Many instruction sets don't even mention the actual lengths. Just match the lengths of your blanks to those of the tubes.
There are at least a couple of different ways to do that.

Regarding the tube diameters, you need to know these before you drill the axial holes in your blanks.
The drill bits that you use will be very slightly larger than the brass tube diameters.
The drill sizes for making a Jr. Gentleman pen kit are given in this set of instructions:

I expect that those drill sizes will work for the Jr Marshall but I am not positively sure about that.
Measure your tube diameters and if they are only a very few thou smaller than recommended drill sizes for the Jr. Gentleman I am quite sure that the Jr. Gentleman drill sizes will work for you.

Where I say "a few thou", I am meaning a few thousandths of an inch.

Ask if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Woodman007

@Woodman007

I did a Google search for "Jr Marshal pen kit" . Notice the spelling change in the name as @greenacres2 pointed out.

Dayacom does show a listing :

But instructions do not seem readily available at the Dayacom website.

As Pete (@Curly) and earl (@greenacres2) said above, that kit is very similar to other kits in the Junior series of pen kits.
You can probably find instructions for a similar kit (such as Jr Gent) and modify those instructions to suit the JR Marshal.
The likely significant differences are probably only in the brass tube sizes.
The lengths of the tubes could be different for your kit, and, less likely, the diameters could also differ.
You can adjust the instructions accordingly by making some measurements on the parts that you have.

I realize that I am replying to an old thread of yours (@Woodman007 - Oct 12, 2022) so perhaps you have already succeeded in making the pen. If so, you may have discovered that the process may have been more straightforward than you originally thought it would be.

Please let us know.

A good instruction video for a Junior-Series pen kit is this one :
This features the Jr. Harold pen kit, but all the Junior-Series are very much the same.

This video starts after you have already fitted the blanks over the brass tubes and put the required finish on the blanks.
So you won't even see/hear the tube sizes mentioned in that video.

Regarding the tube length, the key is to make your blanks the exact same length as the tubes in the kit.
Many instruction sets don't even mention the actual lengths. Just match the lengths of your blanks to those of the tubes.
There are at least a couple of different ways to do that.

Regarding the tube diameters, you need to know these before you drill the axial holes in your blanks.
The drill bits that you use will be very slightly larger than the brass tube diameters.
The drill sizes for making a Jr. Gentleman pen kit are given in this set of instructions:

I expect that those drill sizes will work for the Jr Marshall but I am not positively sure about that.
Measure your tube diameters and if they are only a very few thou smaller than recommended drill sizes for the Jr. Gentleman I am quite sure that the Jr. Gentleman drill sizes will work for you.

Where I say "a few thou", I am meaning a few thousandths of an inch.

Ask if you have any questions.
Hello,
First Happy New Year. I just noticed this today. I had put the pen kit aside until I had more time to research it.

The video and print out is very helpful and I will use it most definitely.

Thanks very much for your assistance,
Doug

Top Bottom