Clear tubes for casting pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CAS

Where does one find clear tubes for casting pens blanks? I have been using Ptown subbie silicone molds and pvc, but I have seen clear tubes on some videos.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

There are vendors that sell kits to do vertical casting as it is called. They sell the kit as well as tubes. Here is one example.
https://cast-right.com/

But before those even came out there were people like myself and others learned from a member here CaptG . We built a stand to hold the tubes and just buy the tubes from various vendors. I get a case of 48" ones and then cut to size. Made a few delrin bottoms that the tubes slide over. I prefer the 1" tubes.

Attachments

• !cid_301F6632C62B4FB3A807FB3D8C4421C9@nicholls3.jpg
    !cid_301F6632C62B4FB3A807FB3D8C4421C9@nicholls3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 194

JohnU

You can purchase clear tubes at Visipak.com.

an advertisement for this years Midwest Penturners Gathering... if you haven't registered ... I just completed a 90+ minute video demo for this years MPG that will cover everything you need (including these tubes) and how to use them in a clear casting set up, where I clear cast several blanks.

Here's more on it...

Kenny Durrant

I bought my tubes from mocap. I could get a fewer amount. They were more per piece but I didn't have to buy in bulk. I bought the silicone plugs from Eastwood. They were high temp silicone. I now use the HHPE molds from Maneater Crafts. They cost more but you'll never need to replace it. The silicone plugs will wear out but you will get hundreds of blanks before you need to replace those.

Reactions: CAS
Top Bottom