chucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

With tax refund this year I am going to purchase a chuck system. I know everyone has their favorites. I have a Jet Lathe. I want to start turning some stuff other then pens. I cannot go all out on this purchase so dont go too expensive.

Also
I want to buy a good set of drill bits. I can find tons of them all over. What are a couple of good brand names. I know BB sells Norseman and has a set of them. What are some others?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/talon.htm
I have the oneway talon and have been very happy with it. I have not used other chucks so I can not compare. You are welcome to come over and take it for a spin sometime if you want.

I would be tempted to hear if anyone has used the new csu apprentice
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=454-0100
if it is a good chuck it would be quite a value.

P.S. Tell your brother to get to work[:D]

Doghouse

There is a seller on ebay that markets the Nova line of chucks. I have purchased from him more than once, and never had a problem. His prices are hard to match.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I have two SuperNova chucks... the old one and the new one.. they are fantastic...
A couple of the guys in my club have the new Grizzly, lkorn also recently purchased the new Grizzly chuck that is a VicMark clone and loves it.. it can use all the Vicmark jaw sets....
I would recommend either one

airrat

Doing a search on ebay I found a guy that sells the novas and vic mark. His pricing seems odd. For the same one just under a different listing has a price difference.

Rudy Vey

I have a SuperNova and a SuperNova2, both are super chucks.
I bought the latter one last fall from Woodcraft for about $150 when they had the sale (additionally $ for the insert). The other one I bought with all types of jaws from KMS Tools out of Canada. I think the ebay listings from Canada is the same company. It was very easy to deal with them. IIRC, I paid somewhere in the $230 area for the deal they have now on ebay for $299.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom