Christmas turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbwertz

sbwertz

Here are some of the things I turned for Christmas presents this year. I just learned to make inside out ornaments. The two tall candle holders can have the tea light holders removed and they have a recess turned in the top to hold pillar candles, so they are dual purpose. The ornament is cherry with an East Indian rosewood bell, and the candle holders are all mulberry. The tea light holders are glass candle holders I got at IKEA for 49 cents apiece and turned upside down and set into recesses. The base is just the right size for a tea light.

Attachments

• IMG_2571 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    IMG_2571 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2573 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    IMG_2573 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2574 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    IMG_2574 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Thank you! A fellow turner at a local craft show showed me how to do it, and this is the second one I've made.

bradh

I love all three. The shapes are different that most I have seen, but very pleasing. Well done! Thanks for sharing.
I love the fact that they invert for another candle type.

sbwertz

They started out just being pillar candle holders, but when I got the tea light holders, I chucked these and drilled holes with a forstner bit to take the tea light holders. They stll work with pillar candels or container candles, since the candles cover the holes. Now they can be used three different ways: as pillar or container candlesticks, as tea lights, or you can reverse the tea lights and put taper candles in them. The small rim around the top holds the candle so it doesn't slide off.

sbwertz

Sold two of the tall candlesticks last night, and got orders for a similar set but with 3 heights. Also got orders for 5 ornaments. So far I've raised $725 for my church in Nov and Dec. (By selling them as a fundraiser, I don't have to have a tax license.) But it's just a HOBBY, right?

Top Bottom