Another Razor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

This is a chrome kit wrapped in Egyptian Soapstone. Finished with 6 coats of CA and buffed on the Beale wheels.

Attachments

• Razor3.jpg
    Razor3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

theartist07

Hi everyone,
Thats a really nice looking razor, i done one of the safty razors but it was in tru-stone. I don't know much about soapstone or alabaster but i'm interested in trying some. Is there any certain place to learn up on these materials or just do a search for it. Are you cutting your own blanks for this or are they already cut to size? How does tru-stone compare to these other two types of stone in cutting, boring, and in turning? Thanks for any pointers you can give on this. Once again thats a great looking piece!

Jim

Whaler

Hi everyone,
Thats a really nice looking razor, i done one of the safty razors but it was in tru-stone. I don't know much about soapstone or alabaster but i'm interested in trying some. Is there any certain place to learn up on these materials or just do a search for it. Are you cutting your own blanks for this or are they already cut to size? How does tru-stone compare to these other two types of stone in cutting, boring, and in turning? Thanks for any pointers you can give on this. Once again thats a great looking piece!

Jim

Jim, Soapstone cuts, drills, turns and sands like butter. I buy mine in a block and cut my own blanks. I do a lot of Tru-Stone as well and love it but I can probably do 2 Soapstones in the time it takes to do 1 Tru-Stone. I haven't tried Alabaster so I have no input there.

theartist07

Thanks, i thought soapstone would be softer than tru-stone. I'd like to find tru-stone in small 3\4" sheets, any ideas on who might carry it like that. I'm for sure going to try the soapstone, thanks for the return on that.

Jim

Top Bottom