Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13061

I thought that <b>"Discussions of politics and religion are not allowed."</b> was pretty clear.

Skye

Dont worry, I dont think he wrote it. It's circulating the web.

Link to it back in 05. http://www.worldmagblog.com/blog/archives/021457.html

Eh, I still think it's funny. It's too bad people are so defensive that they cant discuss it like grown ups. Dave Chappelle had a funny commentary on this topic, but I probably cant say it here, even using a lot of ****'s rather than the real words. Funny.

cd18524

It seems to me that I have seen a good number of religious posts lately. To me this is more of a joke than a religious or politcal view.

Chris

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />I agree, it doesn't belong here. There is something disturbingly mental in the way he wrote that. It reads like something that belongs on an adolescents blog.

Frank,

Skye is right, Bill didn't write this. I have gotten this from several of my email friends. When I get emails, or as in this case, links to items I view as extreme to either side of the political spectrum I do as I do when I get those %#$*^^& "forward this to everyone you know" emails. I softly tap delete and move on. Life is too short and precious to spend time angry about things other people think.

Firefyter-emt

Huh.. Just looks like a link to say Merry Christmas with a disclaimer so that the PC police does not try to shut him down.

Hey BB, Merry Christmas (no political affliation mentioned here, Right?) [;)]

fbearman

I'm a pretty conservative guy, but Bill's Christmas greeting just cracked me up - it gave me a really good chuckle, but I think that I took it in the spirit in which it was intended and accepted it from what I know of Bill.

Merry CHRISTmas to all!

........... and to all a GOOD night!

Fred Bearman
Port Huron, MI

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
For those of you who don't know Bill as well as I know him, let me assure you that Bill meant this in a humorous way. The man has a wonderful sense of humor. If you don't like his brand of humor, I fully appreciate that and perhaps you should take the message as a politically correct way of wishing "Season's Greetings".

Happy ChannaChristmaKwanzaaFestGreetings to "the old fart" and all of my friends at the IAP.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Sorry, Jeff and all. I thought this was humorous and had nothing to do with either religion or politics.

Forgive me for being insensitive to others sensitivities, and forgetting that we are now in the 21st Century where the wishing of "Merry Christmas" has become a political statement.

I have read this "Casual Conversation" forum before, and should have known that it wasn't always casual. Hereafter, I will stay from anything having to do with either casual or conversation.

JimGo

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Happy ChannaChristmaKwanzaaFestGreetings to "the old fart"...
Michael Wine hasn't posted here for a while; I don't think I'd bother sending him Happy Festivus greetings here.

wudnhed

Hmmmmmmmm post...not post....post.....not post.....I think.....post! It's a jOOOOOOOOOOOOke! Knew it the minute I read it.[:D][:)][8D][^][:p][}:)][;)][8D][:D][:p][^]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
After continuing to read this thread, I thought it important to mention that I do not think ill of Bill, Russ, or anyone else on the forum. I was disturbed by a mention of mental state, and started off just to mention that the greeting was all over the 'Net, and was not penned by Bill.

Then, I got off on a slight rant about email chain letters which I do not care for at all.

So, if I seemed to take a shot at either Bill or Russ, that was not my intention.

BTW, Merry Christmas, Y'all! [:D]

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Dont worry, I dont think he wrote it. It's circulating the web.

Link to it back in 05. http://www.worldmagblog.com/blog/archives/021457.html

Eh, I still think it's funny. It's too bad people are so defensive that they cant discuss it like grown ups. Dave Chappelle had a funny commentary on this topic, but I probably cant say it here, even using a lot of ****'s rather than the real words. Funny.

Yup it's been around for at least two years that I know of.

It was even on IAP last Christmas

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11329

airrat

One question, what is becoming of this country? Why cannot someone post something like that, why can we not say MERRY CHRISTMAS? I dont see people getting yelled at for saying other holiday greetings (did not list them for dont want people to say I single them out). Did the words MERRY CHRISTMAS get added to the 7 words not to be spoken? Why is it just those two words are not PC? If people are going to complain then we might as well not even speak/type at all.

I have the solution lets just remove ALL celebrations be they political, religious or just because from society FOR EVERYONE. Then the few that complain about someone saying MERRY CHRISTMAS can be happy. Hope they enjoy losing the right to say greetings to their holiday as we have lost the right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Forgive my rant, I am just sick of the fact at my work saying MERRY CHRISTMAS is wrong now. Russ sorry people have come down on your post. Sadly, the joke on his greeting is the truth anymore. So its not really a joke, its not political, it is something a person has to do anymore to CYA.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I too take offense to people that take offense when someone post a "Merry Christmas" or "Seasons Greeting" to all.

At the risk of getting flamed myself, check out this Snopes post:
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/humor/party.asp

smoky10

Originally posted by Monty
<br />I too take offense to people that take offense when someone post a "Merry Christmas" or "Seasons Greeting" to all.

At the risk of getting flamed myself, check out this Snopes post:
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/humor/party.asp

I thought that was funny also, but thats the way things are now.

airrat

Thanks Mannie, I am going to print that out and post it on the wall of death at work. Then I am going to sit there with my camera phone and wait for the manager to read it. Should be as comical as when the other manager tried to deice a plane with regular water. Needless to say not ONE drop of water reached the ground and pretty little icecycles formed. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Did I offend any one??

M

Mudder

Originally posted by jeff
<br />http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13061

I thought that <b>"Discussions of politics and religion are not allowed."</b> was pretty clear.

I don't want to start a debate here but I do wish to ask a couple of questions and give a different viewpoint.

Does the original post begin the discussion or is the discussion start at the first reply?

If it is against the rules then why has this thread not been locked and removed from view?

Do folks who have religious themed tag lines also fall under the Religion and Politics rule?

I want to share something that is happening to my company right now. In some cases the failure to enforce a rule can cause more harm than good.

We had a person who was let go in the beginning of November because he was late to work 112 times since the first of the year. He went and got a lawyer and is in the process of suing us for discrimination because we could not produce on demand a list of every employee that has been late (even once) in the same time frame. Our company policy handbook briefly described the policy but is was loosely enforced since 99.8% of our employees did not abuse the policy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there is a rule in force then EVERYONE should be held accountable and it needs to be enforced on a non-selective basis.

Scott Hettel
A.K.A. Mudder

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by airrat
<br />One question, what is becoming of this country? Why cannot someone post something like that, why can we not say MERRY CHRISTMAS? I dont see people getting yelled at for saying other holiday greetings (did not list them for dont want people to say I single them out). Did the words MERRY CHRISTMAS get added to the 7 words not to be spoken? Why is it just those two words are not PC? If people are going to complain then we might as well not even speak/type at all.

I have the solution lets just remove ALL celebrations be they political, religious or just because from society FOR EVERYONE. Then the few that complain about someone saying MERRY CHRISTMAS can be happy. Hope they enjoy losing the right to say greetings to their holiday as we have lost the right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Forgive my rant, I am just sick of the fact at my work saying MERRY CHRISTMAS is wrong now. Russ sorry people have come down on your post. Sadly, the joke on his greeting is the truth anymore. So its not really a joke, its not political, it is something a person has to do anymore to CYA.

Nicely put! Why is it only the Christian view that is seperated out. When other religions are brought up in areas, no one cries about seperation of church and state to them, That is what irks me.

DocStram

My problem with the so called "Christmas Greeting" is that it attempts to ridicule a group of people because of their political beliefs. Furthermore, the "Christmas Greeting" attempts to portray liberals as being Non-Christians. Believe it or not, liberals believe in God, pray, go to church, and treat others in a Christian manner.

It doesn't seem very Christian like to ridicule those who have different beliefs. Penturners don't come to IAP to be bullied or ridiculed.

Merry Christmas to all ... including..... Conservatives, Liberals, Independents, Moderates, Libertarians, Greenies, Prohibitionists .... and on and on.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry. It looked to me like this was going to develop into a political argument, that's why I posted the link to the AUP. The message on Bill's site had the titles "Liberal" and "Conservative" which I took as political, something that ALWAYS historically erupts into a fight here. I was only trying to head it off. The first few posts seemed a little heated, so I tried to head it off. My bad.

On a related issue: I'm a little sick and tired of people beating the tired old drum of political correctness and its alleged application at this site. Nobody has EVER said here that saying "Merry Christmas" or any other religuous greeting is discouraged, much less forbidden.

It seems there is some belief that you have to be politically correct at this site. Show me one single post where I've said that you can't say Merry Christmas, or happy whatever-you-want? Yes, I have locked, jailed, or otherwise squashed topics that get nasty or beligerant.

Some people preface whatever they're saying with "gee, I know this isn't politically correct, but..." instead of just simply saying what they want. Why it's necessary to start a fire over something nobody has complained about is beyond me.

Merry Christmas!

cozee

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />
Originally posted by airrat
<br />One question, what is becoming of this country? Why cannot someone post something like that, why can we not say MERRY CHRISTMAS? I dont see people getting yelled at for saying other holiday greetings (did not list them for dont want people to say I single them out). Did the words MERRY CHRISTMAS get added to the 7 words not to be spoken? Why is it just those two words are not PC? If people are going to complain then we might as well not even speak/type at all.

Nicely put! Why is it only the Christian view that is seperated out. When other religions are brought up in areas, no one cries about seperation of church and state to them, That is what irks me.

First, I agree completely with Mudder's post. Seems at times that some can post what they want and others cannot. I say this not just in light of politics or religion either.

Secondly, I can fully agree with the separation of church and state rhetoric, ONLY if someone could please show me where in the Consitution this is stated as quoted. And without opinion of definition.

Shame one can freely express their indifference to Christianity by touting freedom of speech thus express their own beliefs while those who profess their belief in Christianity have their right to freedom of speech surpressed. All because the separation of Church and State has been twisted to suit an agenda.

In light of free speech . . .

<b>In celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom