Chicago...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob73

Don't forget crazy high taxes :wink: I didn't know they had a pen show downtown. This weekend I'll be putting a fence in though to keep the local riffraff away from side entrance of shop ;)

hewunch

I wish I could go. I love chi town. Would love it more if it weren't what Rob mentioned and the current um... "leadership".

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don't forget crazy high taxes :wink: I didn't know they had a pen show downtown. This weekend I'll be putting a fence in though to keep the local riffraff away from side entrance of shop ;)
In case you change your mind, it is very near OHare at a hotel---so don't drive downtown.

By the way, before you believe our new governor (whom I support, but I dislike "half truth")
YOUR taxes went UP to 5%, nearly doubling!!!! But still not equal to our SEVEN PERCENT!!!

So, when he broadcasts how he is "holding the line", that is true---it might be NICE to MENTION how HIGH that LINE is!!!!!

Last edited:

workinforwood

3rd largest US city, you have to pay to park anywhere or drive anywhere, heck they charge you to park at the show there. But...heck, I'd like to be able to go, I just can't do it..the end doesn't justify the expenses.

PR_Princess

Umm, Jeff I think they do a just a wee bit more than charge you to park at the show!!! :eek:

But we will still be there. We just can't pass up the chance to see Brian Gray and several other freinds. And of course drool over a few pens while we're at it too!

workinforwood

yes they do..and that's mostly why I did not register to do that show again. It's highway robbery what they are charging at the door just to get in, which in turn destroys the attendance and spending ability of the potential customers. I can understand charging admission, like $5, but what they want is your left nut. And..you go back the next day and they hit you up again!!!

If you and Ed were to attend the show for two day..I know your not..but if you were, it would be cheaper to rent a table spot there and put nothing on it than to pay the entry fee. How disgraceful is that?

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You are correct, Jeff.

But there is (supposedly) only a $5 charge per person on Sunday. So, we will stop in to see who is there.

Of course, if we park in their lot, it will be another $20--and no, I don't know of a less expensive place to park in that area---I imagine McDonalds would tow the car out after a couple hours!!

Lenny

Umm, Jeff I think they do a just a wee bit more than charge you to park at the show!!! :eek:

But we will still be there. We just can't pass up the chance to see Brian Gray and several other freinds. And of course drool over a few pens while we're at it too!

If allowed, please take pictures so we can live vicariously through you! :)

Top Bottom