Cheap Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sefali

sefali

Thought I'd pass along a deal I found at Marshalls, running around with my mom. Found some nice chrome bottle stoppers in the clearance section. They were $1 each. The tops can be unscrewed, leaving a short, threaded post. The posts are not the standard size, but I don't think that should be a big issue, at least not for a buck a piece. I'll add a pic later, if there's interest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

Jerry,
Maybe there's a TJ Max, or a Home Goods. They're all the same people.
SNV33637.jpg

SNV33638.jpg

SNV33641.jpg
Not bad for a buck.

Mikey

JMO, but I had some chrome ones that I left in an old wine bottle for a few weeks once and it started pitting ever so slightly. Since then i will not sell anything chrome for wine. Ruth Niles and AS have been selling stainless ones fairly inexpensive ~$5-6 depending on quantity and for the etxra few bucks, piece of mind is well worth it.

Also, stoppers aren't like pen kits where you have to glue in tubes and use them up, even if the end result doesn't look exactly right and you have to scrap a pen blank. With stoppers, you trun them and you can leave them unattached if you so choose. heck, if you have 6 stoppers and 24 turned tops, i would take a pic of the tops mounted, then unscrew and photo the next one. If someone wants one then just epoxy the two halves together and send it on its way. Kinda makes it easy to get away with limited stock.

sefali

Thanks for the info Mikey. I've heard that about chrome stoppers before, so don't plan on selling them. I'll give some away to people who will simply show them off 95% of the time. Most will be kept for a display I've been wanting to make for myself. At a buck a piece, it won't hurt so much to turn them and stick them on a shelf, never to be used.
I'm new to turning stoppers, and hadn't thought of the short stock solution. That's definitely a winner. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom