Charity Dealings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I'm thinking about trying this again.

The wife and I were talking and I would like to set up a maybe one for one type of charity donation system for the pen business. I make the proceeds for every other pen of my economy line (they sell the most) go to "Autism Speaks".

But the last time I tried this with the wifes jewelry business, the charities wanted a gurrantee of 30k per year donations to just mention their names on the sites, or at the events or some crazy outlandish number like that, and the red tape was crazy.
American diabetes was the worst, breast cancer wasn't any better, the only one we ended up working with was battered women, and still do to this date.

Do any of you do this, and if so how did you approach the charity? Maybe I approached them in the wrong maner, for some reason they thought we were a fortune 500 company or something like that. :eek: Not yet but working on it.:rolleyes:

Steve Busey

Just determine your donation based on your sales and send the money to the charity directly. That's how I support my son's school. Granted, it's not a giant "corporate" charity like the outfits you named...

Maybe you could just change your tagline to something like - "your purchase helped donate $987.23 to the American Charity Foundation in 2011"

Top Bottom