Back From The Big Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Linda and I just got in from the long drive back from DC. The show was an absolute blast this time. Thursday was a perfect start off day. We coaxed the original DCBluesman (Lou) to come out and had a great reunion and then dinner later in the evening. For everyone that has been asking Lou looks great, just a little older like the rest of us. It was as if the last two years had only been a couple of weeks.

Alan and Nancy Shaw were in attendance with a great table. Alan took the bull by the horns and ran a memorial fund raiser for Stan Pfieffer who passed last month. It was a big success with many folks contributing prizes for the raffle.

Richard Greenwald and his lovely wife Betsy were running around like crazy. It was nice to meet Betsy and she was a hoot when she was picking on Richard. Richard was the star again at the after hours party with his special blend of hooch. I really enjoyed the time we got to spend shooting the crud.

We finally got to meet the Greys and the Goulets. We were on our way out to dinner with the Binders, the Zorns and Dr. Isaacson and we all shared an elevator to the garage. Unfortunately Rachel and Brian did not have their new daughter with them so that will be something to look forward to next time.

Linda spent most of the day on Friday and all of Saturday sitting with Richard and getting some advance training before she heads to Nashua for a week of one on one.

It was kind of quiet for me on those days as anyone who knows us you do not see one without the other. But the evening made up for it as Jon Piper was there with his son Jeremy and Lou came back out and joined us for dinner. Jeremy was a blast to be around and he is just as quick witted as his dad. A real class act and no wonder Jon is always busting shirt buttons. Jon thanks again for a wonderful evening and taking the drive down to DC.

Our best sale was one that was not intentional. I had one of our cases of vintage pens that I was showing to other dealers for some advice. Instead of carrying it around all day I dropped it off with Linda who was sitting next to Richard Binder. Linda opened the case to show someone else and Richard spotted something from the corner of his eye. Before the case was all the way open he reached over, grabbed a pen and had it buttoned in his shirt pocket before any of us knew what happened. That was Friday afternoon. We did not see it again until Sunday when he pulled it out and used it as an example of a vintage pen at his nib smoothing class. Needless to say that pen did not make it home with us. Fortunately we did get photos.

Looking forward to seeing many of these folks again in November at the Ohio show.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm glad you and Linda enjoyed your time there. Jon Piper is another member I would like to meet.
I keep promising myself that I'm going to visit the DC show one day. Now that my youngest kids are soon to leave for Uni, maybe the missus and I can save some pennies and visit USA again. :rolleyes:
Would be nice to see some pics though.:biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Sorry I missed this one. Had every intention of going but got stuck in NY with a sick MIl. All is well now. See all of you next year.

Top Bottom