Celtic Knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WTBM

My first celtic knot . I'm not sure what the wood is, the pen kit is a longwood click pen . I learned a lot with this one , my knots did not come out even, but it will be ok for me to use at my desk . Since it will be a daily use pen for me i didnt go to overboard with the finish

Attachments

• celtic.jpg
    celtic.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 93
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

First is not bad at all. Hope you learned some things from it. Tips, Not sure what you used to cut your slots but looks like a bandsaw blade because of how thin. it would look better if the slots were thicker. makes the knot stand out. Second not sure what angle you are cutting at but it is shallower than 45 degree. Around 52 works well. Third important to have a sled to repeat the cuts. Do not cut all the way through. Leave about 3/32" left. I would start with a 1" blank. Makes the cuts easier to handle. Make sure you match the infill material thickness with the size of the kerf. When gluing and clamping make sure the blank lays flat on the table because any amount of not enough infill or too much will throw the whole knot off. Always square the blank after each cut and infill. Have fun. Many things to inlay with. Always a fan favorite. Good luck and have fun

WTBM

TY for the replies, yes it was a bandsaw blade , I did not use a sled with a stop block and i think "old welders eyes " arnt as good as they used to be;) , but I was smart enough not to cut all the way thru to make glue up easier :)

KenB259

One of my favorite blanks to make and you did a pretty good job on your first one.

Top Bottom