Catalpa Toothpick Holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This was a last minute rush job after supper to try a T P holder in catalpa because I only have one left in elm that I made the last bunch from. My free elm is almost all used up but free catalpa looks like it is going to fill in OK as a substitute .
I sold out of T P holders at my last sale so tomorrow I will only have my own elm one out of the kitchen and this catalpa one .

CatalpaTPHolderclosed.jpg

CatalpaTPholderopen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great Work! Useful, practical and Art too! Beautiful color!

You must have been given a major portion of the catalpa tree you mentioned a few months ago. You certainly have been doing lots of fine work with it lately.

markgum

excellant work. tried to make one of these but turned out to "short and can't close the lid with toothpicks in it." seeing yours makes me want to try again.

W.Y.

Trying to replenish my stock of fast sellers for next weeks craft sale.
Finished these off this afternoon.
The back ones are catalpa . I ran out of dry blanks of catalpa but have more in the drying stage.

The three in the front I had to rob my firewood pile of some two year old poplar. .

I have shown them both open and closed and in the open position the first one or two from the left is about as far as they ever get opened to access the toothpicks. The one on the right outside of the holder is to show that if you make the pot deeper than what is stated in the Wood Magazine article the toothpicks will stay in if accidentally pulled all the way out instead of having to play a game of pick-up sticks . . lol

ToothpickHoldersClosed.jpg

ToothpickHoldersOpen.jpg

Top Bottom