Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Saltygreasybacon

Having issues with Castin'Craft Clear Polyester Casting Resin. Five weeks ago I purchased my first tin and when I opened it, it was solid. Took it back to Michael's and they gave me a replacement one. Open it tonight and the same problem, gonna take it back tomorrow an try again. Anyone else have this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Some times it sits on Michael's and Hobby Lobby's shelves way past it date. It may even sit at their warehouses past it useful life. If you cannot here or feel the PR moving do not but it.

sbell111

You might want to give the can a shake before you leave the store. You won't know that it's 'fresh', but at least you'll be able to tell that it's liquid.

its_virgil

You might want to get polyester resin elsewhere where you know it is fresh because so MANY of us get it elsewhere. My elsewhere is US Composites for Silmar 41. Lots of others use them also. There are another couple of popular suppliers but I'm not sure exactly who they are since I'm very happy with what I get from US Composites. Just saying.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Even if its not set up hard as a rock you can still have problems with it if its reaching the end of its shelf live. Find a different source. They more than likely wont have anything fresh enough to work without giving you a lot of problems.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
There is a production date on the top or bottom of the can. It is really hard to see and read but it is there. At Hobby Lobby and Michael's they have rarely had containers in stock in our area that are not past the recommended use by date. I have done ok with it but think I will pursue another material in the future.
WB

Last edited:
Top Bottom