Casting over CA?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I know I have glued things in the past and cast over them without issues, but I did a couple castings over the weekend that all clouded up over the CA.

Any idea what would have caused that? It looks like the cloudiness you get on glass if you glue something and let it sit on the glass.

Will that happen if the CA is not fully cured?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qalien

I'm betting that you didn't give the CA time to de-gas. I cast over CA all the time and if I don't let the CA completely cure, this will happen. If I let it sit for 24 hours, it normally isn't an issue.

workinforwood

Yea..it needs to be fully cured. I would give it a couple days myself. It degasses as it cures, so if you pour over it with resin, the degassing happens between the two, thus the trapped clouds. 2 days might be overkill, but better safe than sorry I always say.

your new avatar is pretty cool. Too bad that can't be cast in a pen.

jbswearingen

Yea..it needs to be fully cured. I would give it a couple days myself. It degasses as it cures, so if you pour over it with resin, the degassing happens between the two, thus the trapped clouds. 2 days might be overkill, but better safe than sorry I always say.

your new avatar is pretty cool. Too bad that can't be cast in a pen.

Don't worry, somebody will figure it out eventually. Haven't you heard that there isn't anything a pen turner won't try to cast into a pen?

:biggrin:

Top Bottom