casting Epoxy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Fixit

Anybody know anything about "Easy Cast" casting resin from Hobby Lobby? It's made by Casting Craft, and it's not PR, they have a PR, but this is next to it it says:
Easy Cast: is a two component, low odor, solvent free, clear casting epoxy. It's ideal for casting small decorative items such as kitchen and bathroom knobs. Color Easy Cast with Castin'Craft opaque pigments for solid colors, transparent dyes for that colored glass look or granite powders for the look of stone. Mix and pour Easy Cast into any of the Castin'Craft knob and pull molds to create your own decorative knob and pulls.

Is this something like alumilite?

bitshird

I don't know about that epoxy, but I do know that the casting craft resin is about 5 times the price of regular Silmar 41 Polyester Resin. I'd imagine it isn't priced much better, any idea what the working time is, if it's real fast it will bite your rear end. You'll wind up with air bubbles.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
It is not like alumilite which is a polyurethane. The only similarity is that it is a 2 part system and you need to be careful following directions for the ratio of part A to part B. Many years ago I did clear and color casts in epoxy. It does work but you will not get the same gloss as you will with PR even with extensive buffing and polishing.

Top Bottom