Cardinal and Gold blanks needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougMJones

I've been lurking a while and turning pens since April. I haven't started casting yet but would like to turn some pens in Iowa States Colors before the football season. I have looked through all the catalogs and don't seem to find any Cardinal(Any deep red would do) and gold (yellow might work). I know I won't have time to try casting this fall so if you can point me in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks,

Doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Doug, contact Dawn ( PR Princess ) she makes fantastic PR blanks.
Others do as well, but I have a crush on Dawn[:I]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Skippy,

Looking to get CRUSHED, are we????????[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][;)][;)][;)]

Dawn can make a great red and she makes SUPER gold. But the setting times differ by DAYS. She could make you blanks of each and you could laminate them, but it won't happen until after Labor Day!!

Actually, I believe laminates are a better solution to team colors, anyway. That way you can use more or less of each color to reflect the school's emphasis on one or another.

Oh, and Skippy, THanks for the plug!!!!!!!

DougMJones

ahoiburg,
I'm from Nevada and an ISU alum. I've had season football tickets the last few years and purchased my first season basketball tickets this year. My nephew was Iowa's Mr. Basketball this past year and signed with the Clones so we have to represent. If you are in Ames, some members of the Ames Woodworkers club are looking to start an AAW affiliate turning club.

Milpaul

I don't know if you have tried Beartooth woods but they have a good color choice of acrylics. I have found a match for most sports teams. I don't know if this is red enough but here is a pic of one of his blanks AA-D

200782315447_PB_AA-D.jpg
<br />.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Because of the different interpretations of colors, Stevers has shown a GREAT Seahawks pen, that took several tries to find a good match.

However, because he was laminating, he could "refine" one generation to the next until he came up with the final product.

I think this is the best solution since one school's version of "crimson" is not always the same as another's.

DougMJones

Ed,
Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about that, the Cyclone colors are Cardinal and Gold but the uniforms have some Navy Blue strips. I could do something like the SeaHawk pen with blue where the black is.

I learn much by reading posts here. Asking for casting supplies and equipment for Christmas. I always get "I don't know what to get you" so I'm making a list this year. [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Doug,

"Turning" has eliminated "I don't know what to get you" and refined it to "I can't get you EVERYTHING!!!!"

Give it about a decade and you get a pretty respectable selection of "toys" to make turning more interesting and, sometimes, easier.

MOST IMPORTANT: ENJOY it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom