Canon EOS GII

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I have a Canon Rebel SLR(film type) and have been looking at Canon digitals that will use the same lenses. Anyone have the Canon EOS GII? If so, a report please. Thanks!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btoddjr

I have a Canon Digital Rebel and it uses the EOS EF and EF-S lenses. According to the Canon web site, the GII is compatible with EF lenses. They cover compatibility well on their web site...

http://consumer.usa.canon.com

Billy Todd

its_virgil

I goofed. The Canon EOS GII is not a digital but a film type camera. I suppose the the entry level digital SLR is the Canon Digital Rebel at or about $500.[V]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I have a Canon Rebel SLR(film type) and have been looking at Canon digitals that will use the same lenses. Anyone have the Canon EOS GII? If so, a report please. Thanks!
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Rudy Vey

That would be a good price! It sells for about $900 including the lens right now. I tried last June to get a deal over the internet, but there is always something they do not tell you (like no lens included or horrible shipping costs, or no battery included and no software that cost extra). Finally went to BestBuy and got a good deal there.
Rudy
SE Mi

its_virgil

Rudy,
Your TI pen on the Yahoo group is gorgeous. You guys with the metal lathes can do some really neat stuff.

I already have the rebel film camera and have 5 lenses for it. I would like a body only digital rebel and have found it for a little over $500 but have not checked into it. Your comment about shipping charges and other costs may make it not seem so good. I have a sony mavica but can't seem to get good pen pictures with it. It is totally automatic with a fixed f-stop in the 5.6 range. I get excellent pictures with my film rebel but film to digital is cumbersome, cosly, and slow. I'll keep looking and someday I'll find one that is for me.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />That would be a good price! It sells for about $900 including the lens right now. I tried last June to get a deal over the internet, but there is always something they do not tell you (like no lens included or horrible shipping costs, or no battery included and no software that cost extra). Finally went to BestBuy and got a good deal there.
Rudy
SE Mi

Gary

<br />...I tried last June to get a deal over the internet, but there is always something they do not tell you (like no lens included or horrible shipping costs, or no battery included and no software that cost extra). Finally went to BestBuy and got a good deal there.
Rudy
SE Mi

The rip-off on shipping is common...like $25 shipping for a camera that weighs a pound or less. Shop around because some have free shipping. The latest "gotcha" is the camera with no memory card. That adds $100 to the quoted price. You just have to shop and compare, and be sure you really know what you are buying.

Rudy Vey

I was quoted shipping costs of up to $ 89 and this was not any overnight fancy stuff, just 2nd or 3rd day. All these web site offers are having somehow something attached to it that it makes the camera not such a good deal anymore. BTW, I got mine from Circuit City, not Best Buy. Memory cards are normally not included and they are now dirt cheap anyways. Sam's clube is selling a Compact Flash card 512 mB now for about $ 43!!

Rudy
SE MI

Gary

That isn't always the case. I bought my camera online for 35% below what Best Buy, Circuit City and Wolf Camera was charging locally. Same camera and manufacturer's warranty, and with no state sales tax. And, the shipping was free. It did take some searching on my part.

<br />I was quoted shipping costs of up to $ 89 and this was not any overnight fancy stuff, just 2nd or 3rd day. All these web site offers are having somehow something attached to it that it makes the camera not such a good deal anymore. BTW, I got mine from Circuit City, not Best Buy. Memory cards are normally not included and they are now dirt cheap anyways. Sam's clube is selling a Compact Flash card 512 mB now for about $ 43!!

Rudy
SE MI

jkirkb94

Billy, how do you like your Rebel? I have the film equivalent and have had my eye on the digital for a while. How is the battery life? What kind of batteries does it use? How is the response time; how fast can you take pictures? I ask the last question since that is one of the biggest problems with my 3.2 Nikon point and shoot; hard to take action shots. Kirk[8D]

PenWorks

Don, you and me are in the same boat, I have the Rebel 35mm as well with several lenes. I think if we can hold out another year, they will take another price drop and we can utilize some of are equipement. Then I'm in.

Anthony

its_virgil

Anthony,
I can wait, but ever how long I wait as soon as I get one they will discontinue it and the price will fall to nothing. It happens to me all the time.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by penworks
<br />Don, you and me are in the same boat, I have the Rebel 35mm as well with several lenes. I think if we can hold out another year, they will take another price drop and we can utilize some of are equipement. Then I'm in.

Anthony

btoddjr

Kirk,

I really enjoy my Digital Rebel. I haven't taken many action shot with it but it has manual camera settings like a standard 35mm camera. It does not take consecutive pictures as fast as some of the more expensive digital SLR cameras but I don't use that feature myself. The big thing for me was the availability of manual modes and changeable lenses. I also found that a larger flash helped a lot for making better photos. Battery life is good. I have the dual battery grip and can take pictures off and on all day without a problem.

Hope this helps
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom