Can someone around DFW, TX help me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I saw this post on another forum...

"After seeing Mike's pre-gloat about getting the McNaughton Standard system yesterday I thought I'd mention that I was at my local woodcraft (Fort Worth, Texas) about 2 weeks ago and all of the McNaughton stuff was in the clearance section at either 40 or 50% off. They had the big set, the small set, and a third set that didn't have any blades but rather looked like some kind of support set-up, for external mounting maybe?? Anyhow it was all on big sale and I didn't know if any other stores had it on clearance or if it was just at the local store. If you're thinking about getting one you might want to check out your woodcraft and see."

So happened that I intend to buy the standard McNaughton coring tool (and possibly the small also if the price is right)...will anyone be willing to buy it for me? I can send Paypal payment.

BTW, I also need the longer tool post (for 20" swing lathe) if available...otherwise I can buy it somewhere else.

Thank you :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

I have spoken to two WC's, one in Ft. worth and one in Addison. Only Ft. Worth has any that I can find. Only two small sets left. I have one on hold right now.... That one is for Dario.

its_virgil

All of the TEX WC stores are owned by the same guy. He has stores in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston also.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by byounghusband
<br />I have spoken to two WC's, one in Ft. worth and one in Addison. Only Ft. Worth has any that I can find. Only two small sets left. I have one on hold right now.... That one is for Dario.

alamocdc

Dario, check your email and get back to me before 2:30 your time.

Bob, is this just the three blades, or the entire system? Oh, and what's the price? Thanks!

Dario

Bob,

I called and they confirmed that these are small (not standard) size...sadly, I will have to let it go. Billy emailed me and seems interested. I told him to contact you and see if you can help him out.

The lady I spoke to said she have 2 small sets remaining so maybe Jim can have a shot at it.

Thank you and I appreciate the help (a lot). [:)]

Dario

Chris,

Just got an early GO SIGNAL to do Christmas shopping from LOML [:D] [;)]

Kidding aside, it will actually save me a lot of money in the long run especially when turning burls and exotic woods...that is why I am biting the bullet on this one.

FYI, the lathe is not yet fully paid... [B)]

I got a good pen order recently to justify the coring system though [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom