Cake Knife??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbarton22

sbarton22

I have a request to crank out a cake knife for a weeding in 2 weeks. Does anyone know of a kit out there for that?

I found one about 4 months ago but they never gave me confirmation on the order, but now they want it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=66507&cat=2,40733,44734

I would remove the handle on the above and modify the tang to suit my needs. We have an as sold one and it works well but isn't fancy.

sbarton22

Lots of good ideas. There was a chefkits set I found a while back, but they no longer carry. There site is awful and can't get it to order. I don't trust them to get it to me in time.

Modifying a retail knife might be the best option. How would one secure the tang in the wood? epoxy?

leehljp

Member Liaison
I can tell that men don't know what a cake knife is! :biggrin: LOML let me know the differences when our youngest got married.

Google "Wedding Cake Knife" and see what you get, just so you will know specifically. The CSUSA "bread knife" that Jim linked to will probably do. What is OK with most men will not set well with some ladies. Let a lady check out your order BEFORE you order so that you will be "Safe". DAMHIKT! Respect their refinement and go with what is acceptable TO THEM in a wedding situation, unless it is going to be "casual".

Last edited:
Top Bottom