Cactus Juice stabilized raw cotton..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

I recently presented a casting demo for the Lubbock TX Woodturning club. I was given a couple of blanks by Jim Bob Burgoon. The blank is raw cotton. Seeds and fibers...stabilized with Cactus Juice. Enjoy. Comments welcome: good, bad or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!

20201115_201539-01.jpeg20201115_201356-01.jpeg20201115_201459-01.jpeg
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for showing, Don !!

I find that to be a rather attractive "design" for a pen blank.

Do you know if the materials for such a blank can be dyed ? ... thereby increasing the variety of possible colors.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great idea and well done.

I have a friend that lives just north of Lubbock, has a PHD from Texas Tech in plant embryology. He used to grow experimental cotton that produced cotton naturally in different colors from the bolls - red cotton, blue cotton and I think green. And cotton wasn't his primary work.

Alchemist

Great idea and well done.

I have a friend that lives just north of Lubbock, has a PHD from Texas Tech in plant embryology. He used to grow experimental cotton that produced cotton naturally in different colors from the bolls - red cotton, blue cotton and I think green. And cotton wasn't his primary work.

Hmmmm... you sure it was "cotton" he was creating? [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hmmmm... you sure it was "cotton" he was creating? [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
. . . and that was back in the early '70s. He provided a good amount for colorful center table display on a couple of dozen tables for a Christmas banquet. Cotton was still in the bolls, not fake. (BTW I grew up on a cotton farm and know cotton. ;) )

Top Bottom