Cactus Juice stabilized raw cotton..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

I recently presented a casting demo for the Lubbock TX Woodturning club. I was given a couple of blanks by Jim Bob Burgoon. The blank is raw cotton. Seeds and fibers...stabilized with Cactus Juice. Enjoy. Comments welcome: good, bad or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!

20201115_201539-01.jpeg20201115_201356-01.jpeg20201115_201459-01.jpeg
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks for showing, Don !!

I find that to be a rather attractive "design" for a pen blank.

Do you know if the materials for such a blank can be dyed ? ... thereby increasing the variety of possible colors.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great idea and well done.

I have a friend that lives just north of Lubbock, has a PHD from Texas Tech in plant embryology. He used to grow experimental cotton that produced cotton naturally in different colors from the bolls - red cotton, blue cotton and I think green. And cotton wasn't his primary work.

Alchemist

Great idea and well done.

I have a friend that lives just north of Lubbock, has a PHD from Texas Tech in plant embryology. He used to grow experimental cotton that produced cotton naturally in different colors from the bolls - red cotton, blue cotton and I think green. And cotton wasn't his primary work.

Hmmmm... you sure it was “cotton” he was creating?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hmmmm... you sure it was “cotton” he was creating?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
. . . and that was back in the early '70s. He provided a good amount for colorful center table display on a couple of dozen tables for a Christmas banquet. Cotton was still in the bolls, not fake. (BTW I grew up on a cotton farm and know cotton. ;) )

Top Bottom