Business Card Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I saw someone at IAP who made a business card holder so I decided to design one. I needed something that did not take up a lot of real estate. Here is my creation.
Thin wood is best like 1/8". Even with the thin wood they are tough and very light.

Attachments

• F8C7DD4E-6B85-4759-955E-AA8EB95A766C.jpeg
    F8C7DD4E-6B85-4759-955E-AA8EB95A766C.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 985DA27A-CD03-47AF-A15E-CF2F89FCE5CB.jpeg
    985DA27A-CD03-47AF-A15E-CF2F89FCE5CB.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 162
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

They look like little benches. How did you handle the cross grain joints?
My local Rockler usually has a BIG box of scrap wood that always has a bunch of nice thin wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mmayo

They look like little benches. How did you handle the cross grain joints?
My local Rockler usually has a BIG box of scrap wood that always has a bunch of nice thin wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Even though it may seem insufficient, butt joints were more than strong enough to hold cards. When glued up with sufficient curing time, I sanded then flush in case of slight out of square. They are tough, more than tough enough to hold 50 cards safely.

mmayo

Very nice. Please share the dimensions
Thank you
My pieces came from my cutoffs from other projects so all were not exactly the same dimensions, but close. I hated seeing wasted cool wood. I also hated my clear plastic card holders, so not wood.

Center section 3-3/4" x 2" and 3-3/4" x 3/4" joined to make a 90 degree angle. The two ends are 2" x 2". Join the center pair of pieces and clamp well. I like Titebond Three glue. Sand the ends flush in case you didn't get them glued perfectly. They should be rock solidly in one piece. Apply glue to the ends and angle the center piece to match the ends. Clamp firmly. Of course remove all glue you see. It sounds harder than it will be. Dry fit it and you will see.

Best of luck with a real exotic wood display for your cards that is economical in real estate. You probably have the wood now...

Top Bottom