bushing help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scroller777

Bushing question for you.
I have several bushings with no label, I do have a calipers to measure.
Once measured and go to the APP, I can see what pen its used with, could be 15 different pens.
When I'm at the store and like a particular kit, and it calls for a particular bushing, ie PKHPENBU. Well the measurement doesn't help me. So, using the app, how do I know if I have the right bushing already in my arsenal?
Any help would be appreciated.
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

When you're at the store look up the pen kit in the app to get the bushing measurements rather than looking at the bushing code, compare to what you have.

Unsolicited piece of advice is to give TBC a try. If you have calipers then all you need is a dead center. No need to ever use bushings - eliminates a lot of stress when buying kits.

jttheclockman

Bushings small price to pay. Try to stay with kits you know. If in doubt always buy a set of bushings. Nothing lost.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You can enter the bushing part number (e.g PKHPENBU) into the APP search field, get a list of kits for that bushing, then click on one of them to get the bushing sizes & see if you have any that match.

scroller777

thank you all,
I see the importance of retaining the numbers and information when it comes to the bushings.
Much appreciated

bassen

You can enter the bushing part number (e.g PKHPENBU) into the APP search field, get a list of kits for that bushing, then click on one of them to get the bushing sizes & see if you have any that match.
What App?

MikeyMike

What App?
There's an IAP BushNTube app on google play and the IOS app store. It has access to all of the data that you'll find in the Bushing and Tube spreadsheet in the reference area. It's pretty cool.

mmayo

Just a cautionary note, please verify the diameter of the kit components with a good digital caliper BEFORE you buy TBC bushings or have them made. There are many, many copies of different pen kits listed in the wonderful IAP bushing ap. Some are from different manufacturers and they may not match your kit which is from PSI. I know this because I had some bushings made using the wrong manufacturer and the resulting pen and finished tubes were not correctly sized. Just be sure with a caliper!

Top Bottom