Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi and welcome to Charder Creations LLC!
I am a wood worker in Central Florida that primarily fabricates live edge and resin river tables. Recently I discovered pen turning and started cutting blanks from the cutoffs of my tables. Although I don't have time right now to start turning my own pens, I want to make these blanks available to creative turners at an affordable price. I will be posting deals like this from time to time. I'll attach some sample images of these blanks.
If you are interested in any of these, or if you are looking for other bulk deals, just send me a message on my Facebook page at the link below or send an email.

Charder Creations LLC
Rockledge, Florida
Charder910@gmail.com

Available Blanks:

Box of 90 - 5.5" x .75" x .75" American Appalachian Black Walnut - $89 Free Shipping (I have 1 box)

Box of 90 - 5.5" x .75 x .75 Mix of American Appalachian Black Walnut/Chestnut/ Aromatic Red Cedar/White Cedar -$75 Free Shipping (I have 2 boxes)

Box of 90+ Random sizes that is a mix of American Black Walnut/ Chestnut/Aromatic Red Cedar/ White Cedar. Sizes range from 2-7". Most are not square or didn't make the quality cut for a solid blank. Some live and raw edges. -$35 Free Shipping in the Continental US. International shipping will vary. (I have 1 box)

Sample Images:

77A533D6-9F55-4AB8-951C-746075A2CCBB.jpeg
E09073E7-9C95-4994-A9A8-23066950CDB7.jpeg
4070FF4B-A67F-4040-A39C-5D4F3D64C0D1.jpeg
4BDEACAF-977D-4E70-ADEC-9135E3436DDD.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Thank you for making these available to us. That red cedar has some nice grain/pattern to it. This is not something I am currently in need of, and would never need that quantity personally, but I would like to say kudos to you for making them longer than the standard 5". I wish that were the norm.

Appreciate the feedback, especially on the blank size. Based on your experience, if there is a better quantity option/price point to offer, I'd value your input. I go through a lot of 2" walnut and am thankful to have a way to recycle the cutoffs and get them into the hands of creators like yourself.

Best regards!
Cliff@ Charder Creations LLC

sorcerertd

Based on your experience, if there is a better quantity option/price point to offer
That's going to vary widely around here as some people make and sell products at shows/craft fairs and others just make a few for hobbies, and everywhere in between. That quantity will be great for a few people, but my guess is that you'd probably get the most bites on a small flat rate box full.

MRDucks2

Don't hesitate to try and offer of a box of your cutoffs simply cut to fit the box and not cut to pen blank size.

That reduces the time you put into it and possibly your price while allowing the buyer that wants to size their own wood more options.

Just a thought.

That's going to vary widely around here as some people make and sell products at shows/craft fairs and others just make a few for hobbies, and everywhere in between. That quantity will be great for a few people, but my guess is that you'd probably get the most bites on a small flat rate box full.
Good points, thank you for taking the time respond. I'll try a few options and see. Cheers!

Good points, thank you for taking the time respond. I'll try a few options and see. Cheers!
Don't hesitate to try and offer of a box of your cutoffs simply cut to fit the box and not cut to pen blank size.

That reduces the time you put into it and possibly your price while allowing the buyer that wants to size their own wood more options.

Just a thought.
I didn't consider that, and will give it a try. I have a lot of live edge cut that are not suitable for blanks but may be good options for casting blanks. Appreciate the advice. Cheers!

Since you are already working with the resin/epoxy, you could also make some hybrids from any leftovers and live edge scraps.
Right. Since I don't turn pens, so I was wondering about this. I use high quality deep pour resin. Because this resin cuts and sands to a beautiful finish, I believe the resin would turn well. However, the question I have is wether the wood would need to be stabilized? I suspect that most hard woods may not need stabilizing and the softer woods do. It seems that the standard for a hybrid is stabilization with Cactus Juice or Aluminite. Appreciate your time and thoughts.

sorcerertd

Right. Since I don't turn pens, so I was wondering about this. I use high quality deep pour resin. Because this resin cuts and sands to a beautiful finish, I believe the resin would turn well. However, the question I have is wether the wood would need to be stabilized? I suspect that most hard woods may not need stabilizing and the softer woods do. It seems that the standard for a hybrid is stabilization with Cactus Juice or Aluminite. Appreciate your time and thoughts.
Only woods with voids (burls, beetle holes, etc) or that are punky (partially decayed as in some spalted woods, would need to be stabilized. I shall leave this for those more experienced to verify and expand upon further. I will say that if you make a few and test them out, you'll get a better feel for it. You might find it hard to stop, though. :D

RunnerVince

Just a thought.
I'd also be interested in a small quantity of blanks in the neighborhood of 15-17 inches long, and as thick as 1x1. I know this is a pen forum, but sometimes people do other things.

civilwartalk

I'd also be interested in a small quantity of blanks in the neighborhood of 15-17 inches long, and as thick as 1x1. I know this is a pen forum, but sometimes people do other things.
I'm also interested in spindle blanks: 2x2x8+, 3x3x10+, and platter/bowl blanks: 8x8x2+, 12x12x3+, some of us turn a variety of items! Would love to get some Chestnut some or any of these sizes...

I'm also interested in spindle blanks: 2x2x8+, 3x3x10+, and platter/bowl blanks: 8x8x2+, 12x12x3+, some of us turn a variety of items! Would love to get some Chestnut some or any of these sizes...
Hi there, right now I don't have anything that thick, but will let you know if I end up with some down the road. Thanks!

Top Bottom