Buckeye Burl Nouveau Sceptre

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cryptolo

cryptolo

This is my Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre Black TN and 22kt Gold Rollerball made with stabilized buckeye burl. This is my first high end pen I've made. Other than this I have only made slimline pens. I sanded up to 12,000 grit, used EEE ultra shine, and 6 coats of shellawax. Let me know what you think! :)

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Not sure I'm understanding the finishing method?
You sanded thru 12,000 grit, which is about as smooth has you'll ever get it....then EEE and six coats of wax?

The EEE actually made your finish, rougher....then wax was applied over it.

BTW, welcome to the 'high-end' kits. Just don't forget the 'bread-n-butter' Slimlines....

Scott (buckeyes are neat) B

Nice job on this pen. I like the way you turned it and got all of the lines nice and straight. I use Doctors WoodShop finishes and they work great for me, something for you to consider. Also I usually don't bother sanding wood down to that grit. I go further than many do but only go to 1000grit. That pretty much just polishes the wood. Good luck and keep on turning the high end hardware your lines are great. BTW I have not turned a slimline in several years now! Your skill level is good keep on growing.

Top Bottom