Bubbasville Southeast Meeting - Sept. 23rd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

It was a great time. It was really good to put names to the faces. I appreciate the time and effort everyone took to come by. It was definitely worth doing.

fiferb

Let me add my multitude of thanks to Bruce and Trish for a great time. It was well worth the 3.5 hours there and 4.0 hour home (made a wrong turn in Athens). It was also comforting to me to know that even with all the high speed computer operated toys that mistakes can still be made[}:)].

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing experiences.

bonefish

Bruce:

Many thanks to you and your wife for the hospitality.

You have a fantastic shop. This is the first time I have seen a lot of the tools and machines you have, and thanks to the demonstrations.

Oh, I am the one who asked all the questions.

Bonefish
Robert Rogers

underdog

Shucks.. I only got this one of the group. Plenty of shots of the shop... but I know I saw someone taking pix in the living room.

Here are a few of us looking in awe at the lasering. Got my name anodized on my pocketknife with this gizmo. Awesome! Thanks Bruce!

Mr. Fifer with his back to us. Andy with his red cap. Robert and Bruce you can see. And Robert's wife behind Bruce. And I forget the fellows name between Mr. Fifer and Andy... (Sorry folks, I forget names pretty easy.)

200692531830_Lasering.jpg

steve542

Bubbasville Southeast #1 was great. A big big thanks to the Boone's for their hospitality. The food, the shop, and their home are fabulous. I am the one in the photo with the grey hair and the balding top with my back to the camera. I took about 15 pictures at the event, but unfortunately they were all of either the shop or the pens. I will post what I have with people in them in the next few days. Many thanks also to everybody who came with more experience than I who were so helpful with advise, especially Chris Higdon.

DocStram

We had a GREAT time at Bubbasville SE. Thanks to the Boone Family for being such great hosts!
Yep, I did take several photos. I'll try to get them loaded up later this evening.

Ron Mc

Great pictures! If you can plan another gathering in December. I'll be there thanks to a business trip that will bring me through the area!

(Post edited for security reasons)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Im in for the December 10th thing! Ron if we dont do something on the 10th let me know, I would love to meet up with you and do some dinner or something and show off pens, and talk about making pens.

Maybe we could do a CHRISTMAS (HOLIDAY for the PC types get together where everyone makes a pen, and we have a pen exchange with everyone else who comes. Make a pen to put in a lottery type exchange. Bring a pen, get a ticket, and we draw tickets out and you get to pick a pen out of the pile. We do this for our turning club at christmas and it is very popular! We could do a few more cool things too, if anyone is interested. I promise the wife will take a bunch more pictures this time.

Skye

I can try for a December thing. Normaly I'm slam full of things to do around that time and cant get away, but it's worth a try.

DocStram

Sorry everybody .... I've been away from the computer for the last couple of days. I have about 7 photos that I took. I tried to upload them to this post but the file sizes are too big. Dang, I haven't mess with uploading photos in so long ... I can't seem to remember how to reduce their bytes size. I have them in jpeg. Can somebody give me a quick tip on how to reduce the size of the file?

Thanks!

DocStram

Ron Mc is coming to the Hotlanta area in December? Let me make this clear ... there is no dang way that he's going to be in Georgia without us planning some kind of get together. Ron Mc was my very first introduction to penturning and IAP. Listen, Ron, if I have to cancel my classes ..... even if it's final exam week .... I am driving to Atlanta to meet you. You just tell us when .... and at least some of the Bubbasville SE IAP members will be there to greet you!

Skye

You can go to Paint that comes with all computers, open the file, go to 'Image' then 'Stretch and Skew', put 50% in each of the vert and horizontals.

You can also email them to me and I'll resize and host them. Whatever's easier for you. [:)]

DocStram

OK, finally .. some pictures of Bubbasville SE. (Thanks to Skye for the resizing advice!) The first one is of Bruce's workshop. For those of you who weren't there ... his workshop is on the main floor and second floor. He makes his family live in the basement!

200692811456_IAP%20Boones%20House.jpg

DocStram

Another Bubbasville SE pic. Here's proof that even a nasty looking IAP member can snag a sweet wife! By the way, that nasty looking guy is Skye .... who has an even keener sense of wit in person than he does in his IAP posts.
It was great meeting you Skye!

2006928115313_IAP%20Skye%20and%20wife.jpg

DocStram

In the center, white tee shirt, is Bruce talking to Bonefish (Robert). On Bruce's left is Chris Higdon. Two of a Kind (Andy) is on the right with his tail end to the camera!

20069281269_IAP%20Bonefish.jpg

Ron Mc

That's strange. I always thought his shop was bigger! Not sure how anything could possibly get done with such a small space![;)]

Skye

Thanks man, I had fun talking to you, looking forward to meeting up again sometime!

Funny thing about the pics, that's about half his shop. It's nuts.

Your cheater cards came in handy [;)]

DocStram

Here we are "turning pens" in Bruce's kitchen! That's Underdog, way in the back, facing the camera. Bruce ("Orgtech" in the redshirt), Andy ("Two-of-a-Kind" with the blue shirt), and on the right is "Bonefish" (Robert).

2006928122256_IAP%20OrgTech.jpg

DocStram

Andy (Two of a Kind) on the left talking to Bruce (Orgtech). Chris (Chigdon) in the blue shirt with his back to the camera, then Underdog and Bruce (white tee shirt).

2006928122653_IAP%20OrgTech2.jpg

Skye

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Chris (Chigdon)(on the left) talking to Steve (Steve542). By the way, a big highlight of the day was getting a hands on look at those Chigdon pens.

2006928121150_IAP%20Chigdon.jpg

Yeah, I think Chris was giving out secret finishing tips. Knew I should have brought my mini tape recorder. "Could you speak into the pen please?"

twoofakind

Ah, the memories. We have got to do this again. If Ron Mc is coming we have to get together, his morning after design was the first segmented pen I tried to turn. Again I would like to thank Bruce and his family for opening up his home and shop to us, you can see from the photos we had a great turn out.
andy

underdog

Originally posted by Skye
<br />
Yeah, I think Chris was giving out secret finishing tips. Knew I should have brought my mini tape recorder. "Could you speak into the pen please?"

I laughed out loud at this...

ALA the movie "Firewall"...

Gonna hold someone hostage for the secret finishing tips, so you can make millions on penturning, Skye?
[:D]

Skye

If I have to be as lame as that movie was, I'll choose remain broke! Man, that was HORRIBLE. I guess being in "I.T" like me you know what I mean.

"Ok, I'm going to use this POS 5000 scanner and scan a million lines of code off a freakin computer screen and dump the digital info into my kid's iPod." Um.... yeaaaaaah. I'll get the flux capacitor charged up for the getaway.

underdog

Yup.. It was pretty farfetched wasn't it? Kinda like A-team in digital....

Sorry you have to put up with my poor taste in movies...[:p]

Indiana Jones runs like an old man now. I thought his "behind the back" pickaxe stroke pretty unbelievable too.... (eyeroll)

Still.. I kinda liked the plot, and the movie. I tend to like the drama stuff even if it's a bit on the unbelievable side. It's all make believe anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom