Bubbasville Southeast Meeting - Sept. 23rd

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

Here's a reminder for the first meeting of Southeast turners.

Time: 12:00
Date: Saturday, September 23rd
General Location: Around 20 miles due north of Atlanta, about halfway between 575 and 400, and just below 92.

Bring your pens for show and tell, bring stuff you want to try on a laser, we can watch and discuss CNC and other new technologies, try polyester casting, discuss marketing strategies, talk finishes, and turn pens.

I have mostly metal working equipment, so if you have a lathe that can be moved, that would be good too. I should have enough chairs and space.

Let me know if you are interested.

btboone

Thanks Al. Just bring any an all turning stuff that other guys might be interested in. I should have drinks and munchies here. Bring a bathing suit if you want to swim!

btboone

My address: 4550 Bastion Drive Roswell, GA 30075. One of the map sites is a good way to go, or I can email specific directions depending on where you come from.

bonefish

Bruce, I'm planning on being there and looking forward to meeting othrs with this obsession.

Are any of you going to bring your wives or girlfriends or is this a men only thing?

Robert Rogers
Canton, GA

Skye

I think the wife is game. Going to bring the kiddies too. I may be getting my buddy Chad who is a new turner to come too, so if he brings his famdamily, it'll be 8 people in our caravan.

As soon as I get a solid answer from everyone, I'll find out what to bring in the way of food stuffs.

DocStram

Ummmm a quick question ... did I just read that we can bring our wives AND our girlfriends??? Maybe I misread that ... I better check.

Whoaaaaa Skye is back? Where ya been boy?

Skye

Eh, mostly at TPS, but not even that active there. Just too busy with other stuff now a day. Not much time for turning, but my buddy Chad is getting into it, so it's dragging me back in.

twoofakind

I am new to the site, but would love to attend. I live in Kennesaw and have not met any other turners in the area. It would be nice to see other's techniques.
Andy

btboone

Hi Andy, I used to have my shop in Kennesaw when I made bike parts off Moon Station Road. I'm sure you must know all about the wood place there.

Skye

bub.jpg

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I will also be at the Redmond store opening. We have a turning club that will be demonstrating there on some of the equipment. I will probably be there later in the afternoon.

Skye

Do we have a head count yet? My buddy backed out (see wife) so it's just the me and the wife in my group. Leaving the kids at the in-laws. Woowoo!

steve542

I will definitely be there, but I may not be able to arrive before 1:00 p.m. as I have a meeting in the morning. I hope that's ok.
Steve S. aka Steve542, I live off Briarcliff Road near Northlake mall. Thanks for setting this up

OSCAR15

I will be there....Coming from Athens area.....
Let me know if Ga. 400, 120 or I75 etc as far as highways,,,
THanks look forward to seeing everyone....

woodpens

Al just brought this to my attention. I nearly missed it. I should be able to make it. I'll bring either my wife or girlfriend. [:D]
I've got a Mercury VS minilathe I can bring. Do you have a cabinet or something to sit lathes on? Anything else we should bring?

btboone

Hi Jim, I have a table and a bunch of countertops in my shop. We should find something that will work. I'm not sure what else to bring. This is all new to me!

underdog

Hey anyone else coming from the Athens area? I'd love to interest you in our turning club... Not to take anything away from the Penturners here or anything, but it's a great club. I'd love to meet up with you at Bruce's place.

I think I may blast off early from the the Redmonds thing on Sat. but I hate too, since I'm not sure if I'll make it on Friday at the rate my cabinet job is going through the shop. I may have to stay and babysit it Fri. if it doesn't get installed on Thurs.

At any rate I plan to be there and meet up with you guys.

Orgtech

I would also like to come this weekend. I am new to the area and turning. Living in the McDonough area. Thanks for the invite.
Bruce Dillingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom