Breast Cancer Awareness

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Magicboytb

Magicboytb

Breast Cancer Awareness (Pink) was my focus. I purchased the Breast Cancer Kit from Penn State...and poured my own polyester acrylic blank.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kottenbells

Few people question, or have questioned, what's really behind the endless calls for breast cancer awareness. Most people would be more informed if they had awareness of what this movement doesn't raise awareness about.
Knowing that the most prominent cancer charities are large self-serving businesses instead of "charities" or that these groups suppress critical information on breast cancer (read the epilogue of this article: A Mammogram Letter The British Medical Journal Censored ) is a good start. The recognition that breast cancer awareness was started by these business interests is another piece of real awareness about the pink ribbon cult.

SteveG

I have a family member who discovered the "lump" by self examination, one which had been missed in a recent mammogram. She underwent cancer treatment, which was successful. This good outcome is due to early detection, which was due to breast cancer awareness on her part, which I obviously applaud. If some business interests are making profits in this area of preventive and/or reactive medicine, so what. If peoples lives are saved, it is a very good thing.

ALA

Looks great and for a great cause! A co-worker asked me about something related to "Breast Cancer Awareness" today. Although I haven't been making many pens lately I told her I would see what I could do. I'll take a look at the Penn State kit...thanks for posting.

SteveG

I previously commented on the issue of awareness, and somehow became unaware of your pen. It looks to be very well done, and you made a great blank to use. That pen could save someone's life! Nice thought, huh?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have no axe to grind here, having lost a sister(in-law) to breast cancer about a year ago. That being said, I think there is about as much "awareness" regarding breast cancer as is needed. Too much and people will start looking past it seeing just another "ribbon" on the back of cars.

Banished

I've done 2 of these so far (not sold yet ) and plan on doing a few more donating profits back to the breast center that save my wife. She wanted to do something in return...

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 183

Sabaharr

I too am about to tackle this kit. Ordered 2 and should be in today. One is already spoken for just because I said I was making them. I hope I can do as good a job as these pictured.

Skie_M

Ohhh ... good timing on the necro post, Sabaharr! :)

October is just round the corner ... I currently have 5 of these up for sale, and they are always very well admired.

I have one of these currently on order ... a chrome with pink crystals. It will NOT be done in a pink blank, however .... The chosen color for this customer is the Aquarious blank (a gorgeous blue with some green tinting here and there). He is a survivor of prostate cancer, and wants to have this pen for himself.

Hey ... guys can get cancer too!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Ohhh ... good timing on the necro post, Sabaharr! :)

October is just round the corner ... I currently have 5 of these up for sale, and they are always very well admired.

I have one of these currently on order ... a chrome with pink crystals. It will NOT be done in a pink blank, however .... The chosen color for this customer is the Aquarious blank (a gorgeous blue with some green tinting here and there). He is a survivor of prostate cancer, and wants to have this pen for himself.

Hey ... guys can get cancer too!
Over all, even though there are fewer men, more men die from cancer than women. All but a couple of forms of cancer kill more men then women

Top Bottom