Bottle Stopper recomendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mark4583

Mark4583

I have some peaple at work that wants me to make some stoppers for Wine bottles.
Can I get some oppinions on what mandrel is good and the kits.
These will probly be uses alot so they will need to be durable.
Also most likely be made with holy land olive wood.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

PSI has a good mandrel as does AS. If you expect them to be used a lot, I'd definitely suggest one of the stainless stoppers. Ruth's is very nice. AS has a somewhat larger standard cone-shaped stopper in stainless, and CSUSA makes their droplet stoppers in stainless, too, but they appear to be currently out of stock.

Another option is to try one of Bob Ginter's stoppers with an expanding seal http://www.ginterenterprises.com/.
With this one, you don't see the stopper at all, and it twists to expand the seal in the bottle.

-Barry

Like Larry, I use Ruth's stoppers. By far the best bottle stopper around. The plating on the ones that AS and PSI sells will peel after a year or so of use, especially with red wine.

railrider1920

I was going to ask about the stoppers as well and I saw this thread. Hope you don't mind a little hijack Marc.

Sounds like SS is the way to go. Is there much difference in the types of stoppers? Droplet type, single o-ring, double o-ring, black plastic instead of the o-ring. Is one better than the other, or is it just a "looks" type thing?

Thanks

I use the PSI screw chuck for my bottle stoppers... I've about stopped making the cone though.. they didn't sell well for me and I think tend to be top heavy.. I make mostly the silicone stoppers and just recently bought a couple of the Ginter kits that I think I'll like (as soon as I work out the kinks in production - they are a little more involved in making, but make a nice stopper.)

Top Bottom