Bolt Action ............

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Making up some more .308, 25-06, 30-06. .270, .300, .338 and 7mm Ultra Mag caliber
Bolt Action Rifle Cartridge Pens for sale using actual casings and bullets for the nibs.

Les

. DSC09182.JPGDSC09192.JPGDSC09172.JPGDSC09176.JPGDSC09142.JPGDSC09144.JPGDSC09148.JPGDSC09150.JPGDSC09158.JPGDSC09164.JPGDSC09299.JPGDSC09306.JPG

Attachments

• Rifle Cartridge Bolt Action - Revised.pdf
    688.4 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Ok, I have a very basic question: how do you do that? It looks like you're using the actual bullets from the cartridges, but I would guess you are not. If what I'm asking is not proprietary to you, I would be keen in learning how to do this..

Thanks,
Don

rd_ab_penman

Ok, I have a very basic question: how do you do that? It looks like you're using the actual bullets from the cartridges, but I would guess you are not. If what I'm asking is not proprietary to you, I would be keen in learning how to do this..

Thanks,
Don

Hey Don,
Did you not open the attachment showing how I make these?

Les

FrankH

Great looking pen, and an excellent tutorial. I tried something similar using a spent caseing & a .30 cal bullet, and had a lot of trouble drilling out the bullet; then just gave up.

ZanderPommo

Gorgeous and well executed. I have one question and one suggestion however. Why not use solid copper bullets? May make the process easier, and it will mitigate your exposure to lead dust.
And I do a lot of reloading on my own ammunition. You can get a Lee press for around $50, and the seating and crimping dies for another $20-$30. Should help with quickly, easily, and more precisely seating the bullet in the cartridge, and it has no chance of deforming the tip. And the crimping die will ensure the bullet is never pushed deeper into the cartridge over years of use.

Sorry if you knew all that already, just wanted to chime in if it would help you. Gorgeous pens and precision execution!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

rd_ab_penman

Gorgeous and well executed. I have one question and one suggestion however. Why not use solid copper bullets? May make the process easier, and it will mitigate your exposure to lead dust.
And I do a lot of reloading on my own ammunition. You can get a Lee press for around $50, and the seating and crimping dies for another $20-$30. Should help with quickly, easily, and more precisely seating the bullet in the cartridge, and it has no chance of deforming the tip. And the crimping die will ensure the bullet is never pushed deeper into the cartridge over years of use.

Sorry if you knew all that already, just wanted to chime in if it would help you. Gorgeous pens and precision execution!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Zander,
I use sold brass bullets rather than copper that is more difficult to drill out.
My drill press bullet seating jig cost my $1.00 to make and reqieres no expensive dies.

Les

Top Bottom