Blue Titanium Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike8850

Mike8850

I bought a couple of these when I placed my last order from Beartooth.
I saw John's thread about them and finally got around to turning one.

Blue pen Left post.jpg Blue Pen Right Post.jpg
The wife thinks it really cool.
any comments and suggestions welcome,
Mike

Attachments

• Blue pen Left post.jpg
    Blue pen Left post.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Blue Pen Right Post.jpg
    Blue Pen Right Post.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 323
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

They look really good. I just got my order last week so I too will try some of these out. I like the color of the parts. Will go good with many blanks. Thanks for showing.

jttheclockman

I bought a couple of these when I placed my last order from Beartooth.
I saw John's thread about them and finally got around to turning one.

Blue pen Left post.jpg Blue Pen Right Post.jpg
The wife thinks it really cool.
any comments and suggestions welcome,
Mike

Mike getting back to this post, did you have any problems with the refill being too long or the tube being too short?? I read somewhere about cigar pens having this problem. I have not made a cigar pen in quite awhile and never ran into this back then but was wondering if this is a new problem showing up in the cigar kit. I have gotten my order for these blue ones and plan on making a few but if there is a problem maybe I can adjust before casting. Thanks.

Mike8850

John been out of town doing a show so I'm just getting time to reply.
I've noticed that some of my cigars have the refill extending farther than I would like. These all were from different suppliers .
The last couple that I have done I have been extra careful trimming the blanks and the refill still extended to far.
I fixed this by removing the transmission and taking a sharp 3/16" drill and using just my fingers drill out a little of the plastic inside the transmission. Not sure how much you can remove but I've had good results.
Mike

jttheclockman

Thanks Mike. I will look for that and if need be use that fix. Ashame these things happen. I have 2 ready to assemble. The third is a segmented blank that I will start to glue up once I see if there is a problem with the other 2. If so then I will use longer tubes to correct.

Top Bottom