Blue Celluloid Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

I picked a piece of blue celluloid out of my "special blanks" drawer and made this pen yesterday. Celluloid (cellulose nitrate) is just lovely material to work with, the very best in my opinion.

I added silver accents and used blue Italian acrylic for the cap finial and section.

The nib is a Bock and it is fed by c/c.

It has a hexagonal profile and the barrel diameter is 14.4mm across the flats. Both the barrel and cap are tapered to round at the ends. Cap threads are 13mm triple lead.

Cheers
Ash
IMG_3110.jpegIMG_3116.jpegIMG_3105.jpegIMG_3124.jpegIMG_3134.jpegIMG_3131.jpegIMG_3128.jpegIMG_3107.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JamesC

I picked a piece of blue celluloid out of my "special blanks" drawer and made this pen yesterday. Celluloid (cellulose nitrate) is just lovely material to work with, the very best in my opinion.

I added silver accents and used blue Italian acrylic for the cap finial and section.

The nib is a Bock and it is fed by c/c.

It has a hexagonal profile and the barrel diameter is 14.4mm across the flats. Both the barrel and cap are tapered to round at the ends. Cap threads are 13mm triple lead.

Cheers
Ash
View attachment 338309View attachment 338310View attachment 338307View attachment 338312View attachment 338315View attachment 338314View attachment 338313View attachment 338308
That is Fantastic!
Jim

haskoson

Hi Ash!

That is a beautiful fountain pen you made.
The Celluloid is awsome and the blue acrylic for the finials fits just perfectly!
I´m totally fascinated!
Respect!

Gerrit
HASKOSON Pens

Valleyboy

Very nice for sure. Awesome pen. Tell us more about the silver accents. Love the blue Italian resin.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thank you.
The silver rings are cut from sterling silver sheet with a jewellers saw and turned to round once part of the assembled pen. I have the logo coins cast for me by a local company.
Cheers
Ash

Top Bottom