Birthstone Pens ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EdM

Does anyone offer pen kits containing birthstones in the clip or end? I've been asked for these serveral times, but have never seen them advertised by any of our vendors.

Thanks,
Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Not that I know of ... but have a look at the PSI "Diva" pen kits ... there are several that feature different "stones" ... they might do the trick.

gtriever

The Zoe pens might be a candidate for changing the stone. I might just pull one of my stock and see if an acetone bath would loosen it enough to pop out.

Kenny Durrant

Hut used to have a cap for a slimline that you could order different color birthstones for. All imitation but a neat addition. I just looked and didn't see them any more but might be worth a phone call to see if they might still be around.

jttheclockman

John,
This pen is beautiful.
IAP Home - Photos - My entry into the 2019 Pretty Acrylic Bash contest
How did you turn the blank material to wind up with the tiny piece glued in to the clip ?

Thanks Ed for the kind words. The piece was turned very easily on the lathe. I used calipers to measure the clear stone that I tool out of the clip. Then turned a piece of the same material I made the pen from down to the measurement I got. I then used the skew to shape it rounding over the edge. I then MM and polished it before I parted it off the rod. Painted the backside the same blue so that it looks exactly like the pen blank. Glued in with epoxy and there you have it. I think it adds to the look of the pen. :):)

Top Bottom