Big Hello from Arkansas!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

theHullTurn

Hi fellow penturners!! My name is Nathan Jarvis, but you can call me Jarvis if you want. Thats what most call me! :biggrin: I am from Conway, Arkansas! I am brand new to the pen turning hobby but am already addicted. I am so glad I found this forum to expand my horizon on pen turning!

A little bit about me: The word Hull in my name comes from the English Football(soccer) team I support in England, Hull City. I am a huge soccer fan. Love to watch!

Glad to meet you all!

Thanks,
Jarvis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Hi fellow penturners!! My name is Nathan Jarvis, but you can call me Jarvis if you want. Thats what most call me! :biggrin: I am from Conway, Arkansas! I am brand new to the pen turning hobby but am already addicted. I am so glad I found this forum to expand my horizon on pen turning!

A little bit about me: The word Hull in my name comes from the English Football(soccer) team I support in England, Hull City. I am a huge soccer fan. Love to watch!

Glad to meet you all!

Thanks,
Jarvis

No way!!! I lived in Conway before I moved to Virginia, just west of D.C.

Hayseedboy

Hey Jarvis,

Welcome, there is a gent on this forum also from Conway who was shipped to Bolivar MO. Edman2, I am certain he will chime in when he gets a chance.

LR

snyiper

Welcome aboard the pen turning train Jarvis . I say that because it is one thing leads to another and it becomes a addiction, so hold on for the ride and open your mind a lot of info to digest!!!!!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Jarvis,
I am a native of Conway. Grew up there, went to school and college there. My Dad, brothers and sisters still live there. Some time when I am coming to town I will PM you and maybe we can share a coke or something. I am also the coordinator of the Southwest Missouri local chapter. We have a few members from Arkansas already. We meet twice a year (spring and fall). Would love to have you as a member (it's free!). There is also a local chapter (Ark-La-Tex)centered around Texarkana. traderdon55 heads that one. Glad to have you on the IAP.

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Jarvis,

I made a little post on one of your other postings about Conway! The ToadSuck festival is famous all the way over here! :biggrin: Well, Kinda kidding about that but I lived in Conway for 6 months in '92 while Statesside. Enjoyed the town and I occasionally get back through there when back that way.

I have a daughter that lives near Bald Knob.

Welcome to this forum! Enjoy the fun of making pens.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf

McBryde

Hey Jarvis,

I'm new to all of this as well, but I'm just up the road from you in Morrilton. Found any pen turning places around here close?

E

Top Bottom