bell shaped pen desk set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

My wife is a tinntinabulist (bell collector). I try to find unusual bells for her collection. I made a bell desk pen set for her. You can find it in my photo album. The bell is turned from an unknown spalted wood, very hard. As with most new things, I learned from this first desk pen. First, the pen itself must be made quite slim to properly fit in the well. This one isn't perfect but acceptable. And, mounting the well onto a curved surface is tricky. The screw leaned a little before my epoxy set up so I had to do a little wood carving to make it fit at all, turned out OK. The wood has some large worm holes and inclusions on the side not shown. I was going to throw it away and start over but my wife had a fit. She likes the inclusions and says it gives the bell "character". Oh, well. It's hard enough to please any woman. And here I did it with a hunk of rotten wood. [8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That's slick! I love the idea. I think your wife may have better taste in accessories than you. Of course, I'm sure you have better taste in spouses! [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom