Latest Antler Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

I just finished this pen . It's made from the lower end of the deer antler so there wasn't any natural exterior left after turning.

2005113155519_Antler%20Pen%20007%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Doug, great looking pen! I've only made two antler pens so far. And only one of those turned out good. Nice job!

R.T.

Tom McMillan

Doug---Nice antler pen for sure!! Antler can be a challenge---I've got 4 antler/shell combos to do by March. I don't mind antler so much---but, for now will leave the snakeskin ones to everyone else.

wayneis

Doug that looks pretty nice. Is that the rose gold kit? If it is let me know how it holds up. I did one about six month ago and about three months ago it started to turn really dark. It doesn't look anything like when I made them. Or if anyone else who has used the rose gold kits I'd like to know your experences with them.

Wayne

WoodChucker

Wayne, I made one of the Berea rose gold kits a few months ago and it's still good. Maybe you just got a bad one. Give them a call and see if anyone else has had that problem.

R.T.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Rose gold is an alloy of gold and copper. The two do not mix particularly well, nor necessarily evenly. The darkness you see is tarnish. A jewelers cloth should get it back to being beautiful. I'd suggest a coat or Renaissance Wax afterwards to slow down the oxidation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom