Band saw question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

I have a metal band saw that uses 64 1/2" blades. So instead of buying a new band saw to cut wood. I would like to know if I can get wood blades this long? I can not find them listed anywhere so do I need custom ones? Also would there be a problem using a metal band saw to cut wood if I have the correct blades? The band saw has adjustable speeds.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

Woodworker's Supply will make custom blades also. We buy from them where I work. We get 3/8" or 1/2" - 3tpi - 150 inch ones. They do use Starrett saw stock.

KBs Pensnmore

I have a metal band saw that uses 64 1/2" blades. So instead of buying a new band saw to cut wood. I would like to know if I can get wood blades this long? I can not find them listed anywhere so do I need custom ones? Also would there be a problem using a metal band saw to cut wood if I have the correct blades? The band saw has adjustable speeds.
Hi I have an Asian metal cutting bandsaw that I have used for cutting wood before I got a new bandsaw, the major problem is that the teeth don't get rid of the chips fast enough and block up, causing the blade to heat up after awhile.
Any good place that makes, sharpens blades will be able to supply blades to a chosen length. I have made my own jig for repairing/making blades using a small propane torch and silver solder.
Kryn

kronewi

I buy all my custom bandsaw blades from Suffolk Machinery. The Penguin gave the link above. Excellent blades that cut very well.

Top Bottom