Band saw guide

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by old folks
<br />
Recently a member asked for info on a fence that would adjust for blade drift. Check this out.
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/printableStory.jhtml;jsessionid=A4NBV3XBHLWPTQFIBQNR42Q?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/374.xml&catref=wd27

The way that fellow's fingers are positioned in the picture is NOT an example of good safety techniques.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
Originally posted by old folks
<br />
Recently a member asked for info on a fence that would adjust for blade drift. Check this out.
http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/printableStory.jhtml;jsessionid=A4NBV3XBHLWPTQFIBQNR42Q?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/374.xml&catref=wd27

The way that fellow's fingers are positioned in the picture is NOT an example of good safety techniques.

Frank-
I do not do much resawing on my bansaw(veneers and such) but after enlarging the picture I tried to figure out a safer way.
I noted he was using a push stick from the rear with his right hand, other than a push block for the left, the board is between is fingers and the blade.
Is the use of a push block for the left hand what you were referring to?

esheffield

Neat fence. Not that I could make immediate use of it with my little 9" benchtop delta, but handy for future reference anyway. Thanks for the link!

I agree, the left hand placement doesn't look very safe. I would think a push block or a tall featherboard of some kind would be better. And the blade guide should be lower too I think, though it's probably up high like that for the sake of the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom