Bambu Suicide

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Being a big fan of Boris Vallejo among others, I have no problem with the image at all. It's a thing of beauty.

One question though. Is she an Amazon? looks like something is missing under those phoenix feathers.

workinforwood

Not sure what you mean Mike. The tail of the phoenix covers one of her body parts, if that is the question.

yeah, but seems to me there would at least be a hint showing. Right where the feathers meet the body seems.... flat.

nope, my model is a small B cup and because her arm is raised up like that, it pulls her very flat and tight on that side, plus you might be looking at the picture as if it is straight across, but her body is on an angle so the left side is down more. You might have to see the photograph of her to truly understand, but I have no permission to post that, and my website is in my opinion family oriented. Any kids that can't handle my artwork are not properly raised and educated in my opinion.

I do appreciate the comment though Mike..don't get me wrong. I analyze and study any critiques big time, because I want it to be perfect and I have made strange mistakes before! One time I did an in progress like this before and there was a horse and I had drawn one of his hooves backwards and didn't notice, but someone else did thank god. That part of the pic is correct, but if you see something else that isn't like a finger upside down:redface:..feel free and say so. Otherwise I like everything exactly as it is..it's complicated, but not over complicated and not too busy.

Russianwolf

Not sure what you mean Mike. The tail of the phoenix covers one of her body parts, if that is the question.

yeah, but seems to me there would at least be a hint showing. Right where the feathers meet the body seems.... flat.

nope, my model is a small B cup and because her arm is raised up like that, it pulls her very flat and tight on that side, plus you might be looking at the picture as if it is straight across, but her body is on an angle so the left side is down more. You might have to see the photograph of her to truly understand, but I have no permission to post that, and my website is in my opinion family oriented. Any kids that can't handle my artwork are not properly raised and educated in my opinion.

I do appreciate the comment though Mike..don't get me wrong. I analyze and study any critiques big time, because I want it to be perfect and I have made strange mistakes before! One time I did an in progress like this before and there was a horse and I had drawn one of his hooves backwards and didn't notice, but someone else did thank god. That part of the pic is correct, but if you see something else that isn't like a finger upside down:redface:..feel free and say so. Otherwise I like everything exactly as it is..it's complicated, but not over complicated and not too busy.

No problem. It just looks a little odd to me, and being a pencil/paint artist I've studied the human form extensively. The main thing is that you like it and it fits with what you are after.

I agree about there being nothing wrong with it, and kids not being able to handle it aren't raised right. I was very fortunate to have a mother that exposed me to art in all forms at an early age. I've been to more plays, visited more galleries and seen more nudes than I care to try to count. And most of that was before I was a teenager.

and Dawn.... I'm an atypical guy. ;) I actually don't like em big.

rjwolfe3

Jeff awesome work so far. I kinda thought the same thing as Mike but understand now that you explained it, I think. Anyway it is great artwork and I wish I had a small percent of your talent!

Mr Vic

Beautiful work Jeff. Took a few minutes to look around the site. Incredible.........Double Ditto on Vallejo......... If you don't post cna you at least bump this thread when you upadte your WIP?

workinforwood

Beautiful work Jeff. Took a few minutes to look around the site. Incredible.........Double Ditto on Vallejo......... If you don't post cna you at least bump this thread when you upadte your WIP?

Oh sure, I can post reminders when updates happen. I received a sample pic in my email where my painter digitally imposed the tattoo's on the carving...wow..that's impressive. My paint artist Is Jonathan Burton. People that have been here a long time know him, otherwise, you can look him up. He is a pen maker.

Buzzzz4

Looking good Jeff. Last link went to an administrator spot though so it didn't work. I notice you weren't going for the nose ring, how about the other piercings? Your art is amazing. Can't wait to see that Pheonix.

workinforwood

Thanks guys. The older link works just the same. I spent 9 hrs today and the phoenix is complete too. Unfortunately, I can take a pic, but it will be at least a few days before I can post one because my modem took a dump...I now have to use the wife's laptop to get online. Now I can ship it off to Jonathan and get to work sanding on the frame. That darn Aussie burl takes forever to sand..it's like polishing a marble countertop.

workinforwood

Ok...got my modem working again and uploaded the latest pic. This is pretty much complete other than some sanding of the frame. The upper body is now packed up and I am shipping it out to Johnathan this afternoon for the tattoo work. So it will be awhile before she gets back and then all I have to do is glue her in and spray her out.

http://masterscroller.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=20

I never looked that closely. I know she has strawberry shortcake tat's..well Johnathan pointed out to me that they are not just strawberry shortcake..they are modified into zombies...how cool is that!!! :biggrin:

Also...Dean uploaded 2 more of my latest magazine articles to the site which can be downloaded free of charge of course.

Top Bottom