Attaching paper to pen tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Coupeflyer

What kind of adhesive is best to attach paper to a pen blank for casting under pressure? I've tried ModPodge but pressure just causes the glue to loosen and cloud up the casting.

Thanks,
Tom Murrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

MP is "usually" used as a top surface to the paper/label to better "seal" the surface after it is allowed to cure. If you are using "self adhesive" labels then simply adhere the label to the brass pen tube and seal with MP. This is one method and others will chime in with their method.

jttheclockman

I have used 3M permanent spray and it works well. I would assume any of the photo sticky spray stuff will work as well. You can get those at Hobby Lobby and AC Moores craft stores.

Janster

.use MD to attach to the tube. Let it cure . Then, a light coat of thin CA. Let that cure and gas out and then pour!

79spitfire

"Gassing out" refers to allowing the glue (or what ever) to completely dry. In essence, yes. Air dry glues and paints work by the lighter solvents evaporating or turning into "gas".

Janster

My error.........

MD...not. Should have beed MP. I made a grievous error in my typing abilities. I should have typed out Modge Podge as most folks here can relate to that. But worry not folks, not too many errors go unnoticed thanks to the ever vigilant grammatical experts herein. Be well......Jan

jttheclockman

MD...not. Should have beed MP. I made a grievous error in my typing abilities. I should have typed out Modge Podge as most folks here can relate to that. But worry not folks, not too many errors go unnoticed thanks to the ever vigilant grammatical experts herein. Be well......Jan

Just having some fun:biggrin:

Janster

Just having some fun:biggrin:

No troubles
, just replied before cooofffeeee! Be well......Jan

Top Bottom