apprentice vs artisan vs PSI pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rmr

just getting started again - turned a lot about 10 yrs ago and have decided to start again. Lots of new 'stuff' out there now. Anyone have any guidance as to comparing pen kits from different vendors?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

just getting started again - turned a lot about 10 yrs ago and have decided to start again. Lots of new 'stuff' out there now. Anyone have any guidance as to comparing pen kits from different vendors?

I have only used PSI so far and very satisfied with their inventory and customer service. They have been very innovative.

gtriever

There's a lot of confusion between pen kits, both in names and quality. What makes it even more confusing is that it's not necessarily related to price. In my short time turning pen kits I've found some good kits in the sub-ten dollar range, and some not-so-good kits as well. The same goes for higher priced offerings as well. I'm still at the point where, if I find a kit that looks interesting, I order two for evaluation ; if I like the results I add them to my preferred list.

Not much help, but that's the best I can do at the moment.

Top Bottom