another web site try

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

I would avoid having the main text on the home page as red if I were you. Large amounts of red text can be hard to read.

LanceD

"we turn them in our own shop here in Bucksport Maine then polish them to a glassy finnish."

I think the sentence would sound a little better if it would read "Our pens are turned in our shop in Bucksport, Maine then they are polished to a glass like finish.

I also agree that red is harder to read and maybe go up in font size by 1 or maybe 2 sizes.

And on the About our Pens page.

heaver should be spelled heavier. there should be spelled their and stile should be spelled style

OSCAR15

Pipes is right, in this humble CIGAR smokers opinion. Raise your prices somewhat. A lot of turners charge way too much. Conversely, you are basically paying for your time, and website without much profit to show.
I typically sell to friends and co-workers, so I can sell at a lower price. I have no web page, overhead etc.....
Webpage looks great! I would go Visa Mastercard though. Myself and others I know have occasionally run into headaches with paypal.

2006510111720_thumbup.gif

arioux

Hi,

Here are some very humble comments.

Skip the red, red is for warning. Your top banner suggest black or dark gey.

Remove the word HOME at the top left, too close to the home button.

Try to make the text in you banner larger, this is you site name show it [:)]

You IAP logo is too large, taking too much place, and the dittering makes it look a bit cheap. It should be top right corner or bottom, centered and linked back to the IAP site.

Your photo are mostly ok, but some of them are a bit over exposed in my opinion. The pen just blend with the back groud. They are nice looking pen so put them in value.

On the cigar pen page, the corian pen text say that they are both done in chrome but only one pen in the pic.

Overall, the site looks promissing and you are on a good start.

Hope this comments will help you improve your site.

Alfred

Ron Mc

Mike,
Any chance of moving this over to the casual conversation area? I keep expecting to see a new pen. You'll probably get more comments there anyway!
[;)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You've also changed the aspect ratio of the IAP logo. You have dimension properties on the image tag. If you have width properties on the table columns, remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom