Another NR Tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska. Just what we all need, more tools! This is another negative rake angled tool that I made today. The cutter is a standard 2 Radius Square, but it is mounted at an angle so it presents to the material at 20-degrees like a negative rake scraper would. I made a little backing ledge using JB Weld to try to keep the cutter square when it is being tightened down. Although it sorta works, it is an obvious hack job - I just don't have the right equipment to mill it in the way it should be.

The handle is hickory finished with Hut Crystal Coat friction polish and the ferrule is a fitting meant for PEX tubing. Not only do they satisfy the purpose of a ferrule, but they also make a nice transition between the handle and the tool because of the flare on the side that meets the handle and a rolled edge on the tool end. I can hardly wait for the epoxy to cure so I can test it out.

Regards,
Dave (egnald)

IMG_1019 Cropped.jpg

IMG_1021 Cropped.jpg

IMG_1019 Cropped Zoom.jpg

hanau

Nice,
Are you sanding or filing the material away?
Could you do it from side to side and it should leave a ridge for the insert to hit instead of the JBWeld

Attachments

• InkedIMG_1021 Cropped_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1021 Cropped_LI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
Top Bottom